Vice President News Director, TV
ABCNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 4/15/2021 9:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Vice President News Director, TV jobs in New York-NY
Search all Vice President News Director, TV postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Vice President News Director, TV? Job Summary:
The VP - News Director is responsible for the news product across all platforms for the station as well as managing strategies and teams to develop content that connects with the community in a way that drives audience and revenue growth.
The VP - News Director is a key leader within the station, upholding our commitment to quality journalism and the communities we serve while driving modernization of the newsroom and maintaining a dynamic culture that embraces change and innovation.
This leader will work closely with the General Manager on the development of a clear vision for the future of our local business and will be effective in communicating, motivating and inspiring their team in executing that vision via hands-on leadership, optimism, strategic risk-taking and focused metrics of success. He or she will be an innovative thinker who, in partnership with the General Manager, can develop strategies that evolve the brand from not only being the place to go for breaking news, but also where consumers can expect to find localized high quality, high impact journalism and content.
The VP - News Director will work across ABC OTV with other News Directors and key leaders to drive collective growth and success.
• Lead the efforts and responsible for the development and implementation of a content strategy that attracts and engages audiences across platforms
• Directs and manages the overall newsroom operations to drive ''ethical results'' (meet or exceed KPIs) including established goals/objectives to help drive ratings, audience, video, and market share
• Oversee and evolve the brand to maximize its impact, relevancy and connection with local audiences.
• Lead a premium multi-platform news organization including a vast and diverse team of talent across various roles and disciplines
• Key partner with the General Sales leadership and sales teams in the ideation and development of content that aligns to the strategic goals in order to meet/exceed local advertising budgets/forecasts and monetize audiences across all platforms
• Continue to identify more effective and efficient approaches to operations and processes throughout the newsroom
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with community leaders as a key member of the stations' leadership team
• Seek out opportunities to contribute to the local market area for the betterment of the community
• Recruit, develop, and retain a strong team, including on-air talent; provide guidance and coaching to maximize their performance and accelerate their professional growth
• Champion data and analytics to drive multi-platform content, product and platform optimization as well as accountability across the newsroom
• Execute all corporate policies/objectives while maintaining the highest level of ethics and industry standards
• Establish and maintain an innovative and highly collaborative culture atmosphere that promotes novel idea generation, open communication, respect for others and excellence
• Create a diverse, collaborative, fun and stimulating work environment
• Collaborate with other parts of OTV and TWDC to advance the group's interests and leverage assets
• Grow and develop unified OTT strategies to create / aggregate content in to streaming platforms
• Drive business and partnership development efforts to drive modernization and further group goals
• Proven leadership experience within a newsroom at a medium or large DMA local broadcast station or other news organizations
• A participative leadership approach that fosters collaboration and innovation
• Ability to recognize, create and communicate priorities, strategies as well as market opportunities and challenges to drive growth and performance improvement
• Attention to detail, project management skills, and the ability to effectively lead and manage in a dynamic and challenging environment
• Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
• Understanding of FCC rules and regulations
• Experience working with unions and contract negotiations
• Understanding of marketing and audience development in a multi-platform environment
• Knowledge of the New York City/metro market
• Experience managing budgeting processes and strategic planning
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication or related field or relevant equivalent experience
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.