Summer Intern - Broadcast Graphics and Meteorology
ABCNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/25/2020 5:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Summer Intern - Broadcast Graphics and Meteorology jobs in New York-NY
Search all Summer Intern - Broadcast Graphics and Meteorology postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Summer Intern - Broadcast Graphics and Meteorology? Job Summary:
The ABC Broadcast Graphics department creates dynamic visuals and on-air packaging for all ABC News programming. We also work with the ''ABC News Extreme Weather Team,'' led by Ginger Zee and Rob Marciano, to produce the weather graphics for Good Morning America, World News with David Muir, World News Weekend, Nightline and other special broadcasts.
As an intern, you will apprentice with the World News Tonight and Good Morning America graphics producers and meteorologists, and will have opportunity to work directly supporting our on-air meteorologists covering national weather. The goal of the internship is to identify and develop potential meteorologists/graphics producers that can generate accurate meteorological notes for our on-air weather talent and editorial staff and create national weather graphics for broadcast.
A day in the life…
• Assist graphics producer/meteorologist and on-air talent with weather related research and editorial
• Assist graphics producer/meteorologist with weather related video and still research, including social media
• Assist graphics producer/meteorologist with pre-production of graphic elements
• Assist meteorologist in producing weather hits for digital and writing articles for abcnews.com
What you bring to the role…
• Pursuing an education in meteorology, with a specialty in broadcast meteorology or weather production
• Must have general knowledge of meteorological resources including National Weather Service, computer modeling websites, SPC and ability to find LSR's
• Must have ability to navigate social media websites
• Must be a self-starter who is enthusiastic and engaged
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite
• Familiarity with WSI Max Weather Platform
• General knowledge of meteorological concepts and weather forecasting
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must be at least 18 years old
• At the time of application, must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
• Must be willing to relocate to the New York City area and provide your own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
• Must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
• Must be available from May/June to August/September
• Must be willing to work 40 hours/week
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.