Sr Manager, Digital Marketing
Full Time Job
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
A dedicated, dynamic and seasoned senior manager is needed for the Walt Disney Studios Digital Marketing Team. This is a fast-paced, multi-faceted position that requires creativity, improvisation, organization and communication at a very high level. This position requires some non-traditional working hours (early morning/weekends), light travel and on field level work at events, including premieres, screenings & junkets.
• With the VP & Director and Manager of Digital Marketing, work to develop digital strategy, execute creative and social tactics and handle day to day operations for global theatrical and Disney films and series global campaigns. Responsibilities include managing:
• Social campaigns for multiple profiles within Facebook, YouTube. Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr, along with other emerging social platforms (Snapchat, Musical.ly, et al)
• Digital video concepts that will live on our film and studio specific social media handles, in conjunction with our Creative Content team
• Identify content creators with large social media followings, execute programs with individual content creators, work with Multi-Channel Networks (MCNs) to develop programs with network-specific social talent and manage execution of individual and network programs
• Creative production and creative vendor management for social creative, copywriting and website development
• Rich media partners to oversee and execute on creative materials for all paid digital creative and media programs.
• On-site management of digital & social activities at events such as premieres, screenings and junkets.
• Comprehensive CRM strategy for studio lifecycle
• Application of a multicultural lens to all social and creative materials as part of the strategy developed by VP & Director of Digital Marketing.
• Collaborate with international markets to develop global content, influencer programs and media creative
• Work with synergy partners across the company in conjunction with the Digital Marketing Manager to ensure optimum communication and utilization of all key assets as they pertain to our movie campaigns, with a key emphasis on the relationship with Disney Interactive and presence on Disney.com and their portfolio of social pages and blogs.
• Work with the VP and Director of Digital Marketing to establish key performance metrics and provide regular progress reports and sentiment analysis
• Work with the Director of Digital Marketing on marquee digital platform partnership programs
• Oversee specialist and coordinators on the review and approvals for social and editorial calendars and oversee implementation and distribution
• Identify key trends, tools and technologies to incorporate into our campaigns
• Report to the VP of Digital Marketing and proactively contribute to process improvement.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5 years' relevant experience
• Outstanding communication skills, written and oral.
• Advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite and Keynote is preferred
• Candidate must demonstrate strong working knowledge & emerging media and new technology platforms.
• Demonstrated ability to work with others, both in a supervisory role and as a collaborative team player.
• Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.