Spring Intern - Video / Motion Graphics, Fivethirtyeight
ABCNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/26/2019 11:51:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Spring Intern - Video / Motion Graphics, Fivethirtyeight jobs in New York-NY
Search all Spring Intern - Video / Motion Graphics, Fivethirtyeight postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Spring Intern - Video / Motion Graphics, Fivethirtyeight? Job Summary:
FiveThirtyEight is an award-winning site focused on providing data-driven journalism in sports, politics, and science. FiveThirtyEight was founded by Nate Silver.
We are seeking an intern to help with the production of the site's videos, and other multimedia projects.
A day in the life…
• You will work on videos across all our verticals: politics, sports, science, culture, economics and more
• You would help conceive of and research topics for the YouTube channel and ABC video player
• Animate, edit, and produce
• Help package the videos for online and social media distribution
Ideally, you would have some experience in all areas of video production, with a particular focus on animation and motion graphics. You should also have a keen interest in data-driven journalism, and a willingness to work as part of a small team and take on new tasks as needed.
What you bring to the team…
• Proficiency with Adobe After Effects and Illustrator
• Basic animation and/or motion graphics skills
• Some experience shooting and editing video (Adobe Premiere)
• Keen interest in both the production and editorial side of video production
• Ability to work under tight deadlines
• Portfolio or samples of your work to share with hiring leader
• Familiarity and interest in FiveThirtyEight
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop
• Experience working for a newsroom, production company, or animation house, or other experience producing graphics-rich videos
• Familiarity with the process of uploading and distributing video to YouTube and other platforms
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
• Must be willing to relocate to the New York City area and provide your own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
• Must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
• Must be available from January to May
• Must be willing to work a minimum of 24 hours/week (3 full days, no weekends); prefers 40 hours/week availability
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.