Spring Intern - Entertainment Current Programming
Part Time Unpaid Internship
About ABC Entertainment
ABC Entertainment airs compelling programming across all day parts, including ''Grey's Anatomy,'' the longest-running medical drama in prime-time television; riveting dramas ''The Good Doctor,'' ''How to Get Away with Murder,'' ''A Million Little Things'' and ''Station 19''; the Emmy® Award-winning ''Modern Family'' and trailblazing comedy favorites ''American Housewife,'' ''black-ish,'' ''Bless This Mess,'' ''The Conners,'' ''The Goldbergs,'' and ''Schooled.''
The ABC Entertainment Current Programming team oversees all scripted current shows for the ABC Network once they have been picked up to series.
A day in the life…
This internship provides a first-hand look at how the Current Programming department guides all current scripted series from the time the show is picked up through the entire run of the series. The Current department works closely with the writers and producers of each show, as well as the studios that produce them. Current also functions as the liaison and champion for ABC's current shows as we collaborate with other departments across the network, from Marketing to Scheduling to Broadcast Standards & Practices (to name just a few).
include but are not limited to:
• Reading story areas/outlines/drafts, watching cuts, and writing coverage/summaries for weekly Current Report.
• Distribution of various documents and media internally.
• Creating copies of scripts and dubs of DVDs.
• Supporting Current Assistants and Coordinator with desk and phone coverage.
• Assisting with office duties such as copying, faxing, filing, creating show binders, archiving show files, and final episode DVD's.
What you bring to the role…
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
• Proven skills utilizing MS Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
• Previous internship experience within a related field.
• A strong interest in scripted television specifically, and hunger to learn about network television in particular.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Must be responsible, dependable, and organized with excellent communication/writing skills.
• Must be able to listen and take direction well, as well as be able to follow through independently with a project once assigned.
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize assignments by deadline.
• Junior or Senior-level standing college student, Graduate student, or a recent graduate within 6 months of graduation date.
• Experience in covering phone lines for executives and/or senior leadership.
• Knowledge of current series on ABC and other networks.
• All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
• All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
• All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
• All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
• All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
• All candidates must be available from January - May
• All candidates must be willing to work 40 hours/week
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.