Senior Financial Analyst
ABCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Walt Disney Television is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst for ABC News, who will be responsible for financial analysis and reporting related to the Operations, Editorial, and other business support areas of ABC News, as well as producing high-quality strategic analyses to support decision-making across the division. This includes, but is not limited to ongoing cost analysis, gathering/analyzing data for budget/forecasts/long range plans, owning specific cross-team analysis and reporting processes (related to headcount, T&E, etc.) and working on ad hoc projects to drive business performance. The candidate will work on a team that supports such products as Good Morning America, World News Tonight w/ David Muir, The View and This Week w/ George Stephanopoulos.
• Financial Reporting / Planning
• Assist in quarterly close process: in-depth analysis, accrual preparations, and commentary
• Coordinate with Revenue Planning for sales forecasts/budgets and ratings indicators
• Provide financial support for the operations/support areas: develop reporting tools to facilitate business analysis, identify and help teams implement cost saving recommendations, and present quarterly results to senior leads
• Assist with preparation of annual budget, forecasts, and long range plans: build detailed budgets, analyzing pacing, input data into Cognos/SAP and other tools, and present to management
• Business Planning & Decision Support across ABC News
• Partner with other Walt Disney Television finance teams to improve processes across the finance team
• Develop reporting tools and dashboards to analyze spending, identify areas for cost efficiencies, proactively lead process changes, and track improvements
• Collaborate with all levels of the production team to assist in strategic planning of production processes with a focus on financial responsibility
• Additional ad hoc projects across News portfolio might include providing support for new strategic initiatives, programming changes, and other business processes
• 1-3 years relevant experience with close/forecasting/consolidations/data analysis/financial modeling
• Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
• Candidate must be detail-oriented, deliverable focused, and well-organized
• Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and build relationships with various business partners across all levels of management
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to handle multiple priorities
• Prior media/television/broadcast industry experience
• SAP / Cognos / TM1 experience a plus
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.