Full Time Job
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you'll have the opportunity to join a team that's beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you've been looking for.
This role is the central support for our very busy and exciting AV Finishing department in the Creative Services team. You'll be directly responsible for providing secretarial support to our VP as well as general assistance to the broader team. But beyond that, you'll play a pivotal role in ensuring our work flows run smoothly, assets are tracked, files are securely set up and submitted, and key approvals are noted.
• Expertly manage the office of our VP including but not limited to:
• Heavy phone calls on multiple lines
• Manage extremely busy calendar with often conflicting demands appropriately
• Create and reconcile expense reports and manage travel when necessary in Concur
• Manage incoming/outgoing mail and draft correspondence
• Support the workflow of the AV department including but not limited to:
• Maintain files, coordinate pickup and delivery of materials as requested including scheduling courier and overnight services
• Maintain release and trailer schedules
• Manage music cue sheets database for all Disney/Marvel/Lucasfilm trailers, TV/Radio/Internet spots and other promotional spots (domestic and international)
• Work with vendors to request cue sheets for all trailers and spots
• Digitally import all audio and video files onto secure server. Update and maintain all digital film folders.
• Knowledge of different connection set ups, i.e. fiber; TVIPS; Source Connect; StreamBox a plus
• Maintain files including all incoming music license contracts, agreements, invoices, check requests, cue sheets, in-office music library and music archive storage room
• Interest in music clearances necessary
• Manage requests for Sizzle reels for the Studio. Obtain approvals and route files for watermarking and security burns
• Print and manage all VFX continuities
• Keep accurate notes on all for follow-up matters discussed at weekly staff meeting
• Previous administrative experience within entertainment industry for high level executive
• Excellent computer proficiency – Mac: Filemaker Pro, Word, Outlook, iTunes
• Excellent and professional phone skills with multi line phones
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions and change course of action quickly
• Detail oriented with the ability to maintain professionalism under pressure
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal / external partners
• Ability to anticipate needs, be proactive, resourceful, take initiatve and flexible
• Ability to simultaneously handle individual tasks while maintaining perspective on the bigger picture
• Exceptional organizational and follow-thru skills with the ability to work on many projects simultaneously
• Effective communicator, both verbally and written
• Ability to be flexible with work schedule (overtime is required)
• SAP / Concur experience preferred
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, English, Business Administration or Equivalent experience preferred
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.