Publicity Coordinator, News
ABCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The publicity coordinator works as the assistant to the VP, Communications and assists the department publicists in the day - to - day operations of the ABC News Media Relations department.
ABC News has an opening for a Publicity Coordinator based in New York. This person will assist in the day to day operations of the ABC News Media Relations department. Responsibilities for the role include editing and distributing daily press clips, draft weekly memos on behalf of the Media Relations department, industry research, post press releases/announcements/advisories to the ABC News Pressroom blog, tweet releases and PR related news for ABCNewsPR account; assist with social media strategy for ABC News publicity team and compiling media lists.
The Publicity Coordinator works closely with the VP, Communications and assists in overall department administrative duties, including coordinating executive travel, schedules, logistics and invoicing.
• Assist in publicity efforts for ABC News programming and ABC News Specials including ''Good Morning America,'' ''This Week,'' ''World News Tonight,'' ''Nightline,'' ''20/20,'' ABC News Digital and ABC News Radio
• Edit and distribute daily press clips
• Draft weekly memos on behalf of the Media Relations department
• Post press releases/announcements/advisories to the ABC News Pressroom blog
• Coordinate and post daily social media posts for PR handles
• Develop social media strategies to grow the PR social accounts
• Maintain and update press lists and correspondent, anchor and executive biographies
• Assist with press events
• Assist in overall department administrative duties: coordinate staff meetings and team events, process invoices and timesheets, book travel and accommodations for VP, Communications, handle phone calls, complete expense reports, maintain business calendar
• Internship in Media Relations, PR, Communications, News, Politics or similar experience
• Must be highly organized, detailed oriented, personable, proactive and a problem-solver
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Organizational and administrative skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure news environment
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
• Desire and commitment to take on increasingly greater levels of responsibility
• The ability to prioritize as well as multitask is extremely important.
• Willingness to work overtime with short notice
• Ability to successfully coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
• Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Photoshop
• Existing knowledge of the television business, social media and industry experience
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Self-motivated, proactive and capable of working in a fast paced environment
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Knowledge of digital media formats
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.