Production Assistant, 20 / 20
ABCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This position is entry-level and will report to the Executive Producer of 20/20. The ideal candidate will have the ability to build strong relationships with others at all levels, be a team player, and have the ability to proactively provide assistance whenever needed in the various support positions. This candidate should also have an interest in learning more about television and digital media.
• Provide administrative support that includes managing daily phone calls, arranging conference calls, scheduling meetings, planning itinerary and coordinating travel arrangements, maintaining executive calendar, processing expense reports
• Manage office files
• Maintain and order office supplies
• Supporting seniors and producers in all aspects of production that includes editorial and video research, social media clearing, basic editing.
• Actively pitch story ideas for the broadcast
• Able to work well with others and perform duties under deadline in a fast-paced environment
• Outstanding organizational and administrative skills
• Proficiency in all Windows/Outlook functions
• Must be conscientious, self-motivated and proactive
• Excellent written and verbal communication ability
• Professional telephone and email manner
• Adept at working quickly, accurately and efficiently with multiple and changing priorities
• Candidate must be willing to work flexible schedules, including weekends per breaking news
• Must be absolutely reliable to appropriately handle sensitive and confidential matters
• Previous television production experience
• Knowledge of SAP
• Knowledge of Avid & I-News
• Knowledge of ABC News content and platforms
• BA or BS from a 4 year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.