ABCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Producer, NewsOne (ABC News)
The NewsOne Producer produces news content for ABC stations, clients, and internal ABC News users, handles some operational work, shoots video and produces in the field, and works to keep editorial information updated and communicated to customers.
• Produce and edit correspondent news packages usually with a NABET editor, but occasionally will need to perform as a Preditor.
• Research and gather editorial and video information and provides to correspondent or news writer.
• Deliver Network-quality correspondent pkgs to ABC stations and clients in a timely fashion.
• Research and manage major planned events and complex shoots in the field.
• Field produce and manage NewsOne coverage of major stories, breaking news, or other events, working collaboratively and cooperatively with correspondents, overseeing scouting and selection of strong live locations, operating field camera, audio, lighting, TVu live transmission and other field producing duties often under adverse conditions and for long hours.
• Occasional travel on short notice required.
• Produce generic live shots in NewsOne's control room in tandem with Manager/Nabet Editor, if needed.
• Work collaboratively with Manager, correspondents and news writers, keeping them updated on the latest editorial information and video material available.
• Provide excellent content and customer service to ABC's affiliates, clients and internal platforms
• Routinely offer original story pitches, particularly during Sweeps periods.
• Pitch and produce feature news packages and content
• At least 3 years producing Network News Pieces.
• Must be comfortable working in a ''Live'' control room environment.
• Must be able to work independently and think critically in a high-stress environment, while under deadline pressure.
• Must be proficient with non-linear editing especially Avid Newscutter.
• Experience field producing with correspondent along with knowledge operating TVu and file transfer protocols for live and breaking news coverage preferred.
• Must be able complete a network-quality package within 45 minutes to 1 hour and is responsible for updating the package for later time zones, as news warrants.
• Must have a basic understanding of rights and clearances – using only properly licensed or cleared material, or approved ''fair uses'' of 3rd party content, which are determined by ABC News Legal.
• Knowledge of newsroom wire systems such as I-News.
• Previous Assignment Desk Experience is a plus.
• Previous affiliate newsroom experience a plus.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.