ABCLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Producer, Newsgathering (ABC News California)
Newsgathering Producer to collaborate with editors, photojournalists, guest bookers, and show and segment producers to create compelling packages for the network.
Key responsibilities include:
• Generating, pitching and executing creative enterprise and day of news story ideas for television and digital.
• Collaborate with editors, photojournalists, guest bookers, and show and segment producers to create compelling packages for the network.
• Produce live segments, both in the field or in the studio or from remote network locations.
• Oversee and manage production of reporter packages from concept to delivery; including idea generation, story research, news gathering, writing and post production.
• Writing, vetting, carrying scripts through to approval, with varying degrees of reporter involvement.
• Writing accompanying stories for digital.
• Leveraging skills in field producing, interviewing in person and remotely, creating and signing off on graphics as research and other post production elements.
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Position requires outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, organization skills, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic.
• Strong knowledge of newsgathering, including multiple transmission formats, and social media.
• Continuously develop and maintain sources that result in original reporting and sourcing
• Flexibility to work various shifts and travel when needed
• Ability to travel and to work long and varied schedules
• Commitment to accuracy and integrity in news coverage and solid news judgment
• Five years' experience in a major television news organization
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or equivalent in experience
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.