Full Time Job
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Walt Disney Studios Motion Picture Marketing is a dynamic, results-driven marketing team responsible for positioning films released by Disney (live action), Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Lucasfilm and Marvel Studios. This organization oversees the Studios' global marketing strategy encompassing creative, media, digital, international, promotions, publicity, research, special events, and synergy, and handles some the most valuable film brands and franchises of all time. Thanks in large part to the efforts of the marketing team, The Walt Disney Studios was the first studio to pass $7 billion at the global box office in 2016 and now has broken records in 2019!
The primary function of this role is to support the Director, Media and Manager, Media in the development and execution of media plans for Walt Disney Studios. Delivering excellent plan stewardship by interacting with creative, digital and other marketing team members is a key component of this position. Will work closely as the liaison with the Media agency integrated planning and digital creative management teams to ensure plan objectives are met, and plans are updated as direction changes.
The Specialist must possess flexibility and be willing to assume challenges and increased responsibility, as well as keeping an eye out for ways to improve workflows/increase efficiency, etc. They must have a strong desire to grow within the job, and learn more about Studios Marketing key initiatives and businesses.
• Collaborate with Media Manager and Director on media plan development across all disciplines
• Coordinate with media agency for plan document updates
• Work with internal Traffic, Creative and Digital teams, as well as agency partners, to ensure media deliverable dates are met
• Distribute campaign launch information to internal teams
• Work with Media Manager on post-campaign budget reconciliation
• Familiarity with, and active user of, established and new social platforms to monitor trends and opportunities
• Assist in campaign tagging and data management
• Compile updates on partner capabilities
• Exceptional multi-task skills; have the ability to work on many projects/film titles simultaneously
• Excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills to assure successful interaction with executives and business unit contacts
• Detail oriented with superior organization skills.
• Able to prioritize and multi-task and work well with others in a fast paced environment
• Reliable, flexible, and reachable
• Team player with a positive outlook
• College Degree preferred
• Relevant experience in media or advertising preferred, but not required
• Proficient/Advanced in MS Office – specifically in Excel & PowerPoint (and/or Keynote)
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.