Marketing & Special Events Specialist
This was removed by the employer on 4/14/2021 11:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Marketing & Special Events Specialist jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Marketing & Special Events Specialist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Marketing & Special Events Specialist? Job Summary:
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Walt Disney Studios Motion Picture Marketing is a dynamic, results-driven marketing team responsible for positioning films and streaming content released by Disney (live action), Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, and 20th Century Studios.? This organization oversees the Studios' global marketing strategy encompassing creative, media, digital, international, promotions, publicity, research, special events, and synergy, and handles some the most valuable film brands and franchises of all time. Thanks in large part to the efforts of the marketing team, the Walt Disney Studios has set numerous records at the box office, including being the first and only studio to surpass $3 billion domestically and $7 billion globally in a calendar year, milestones it has achieved twice.
The Specialist, Marketing & Special Events role will be responsible for executing sponsor activations and organizing and executing premiere event logistics for all premiere and/or special events. Reporting directly to the VP, Special Events & Operations. The specialist will manage all elements of sponsorship activations, premieres, and events to ensure successful execution.
• Oversee and execute all logistics for all premiere event sponsor activations
• Sponsor/Partner press liaison- managing Sponsor/Partner press obligations.
• Liaison between creative/production/promotions departments to insure all sponsorship activations have the various elements need such as signage, queue lines, and operational needs.
• Work closely with Sr. Manger of promotions to brainstorm and pitch activation ideas for partners to sponsor, determine staffing needs for each sponsor as well as create an execution plan for each event
• Manage various internal documents including the Premiere Sponsor Logistics Grid
• Work closely with production team to help organize all technical needs for each sponsor's activation
• Spearhead promo item purchasing and distribution for premiere fan groups
• Arrange onsite premiere activation logistics including load-in, delivery, set up and breakdown
• Consistent updates of internal documents including Master events chart, calendars and executive invite databases for events and premieres.
• Create and develop seating charts for new premiere venues.
• Create and manage auction write-ups for premiere ticket donations.
• Update Master spreadsheet with event details after event is completed.
• Update/Create ''Reserved Seating'' documents for premiere After- Parties.
• Assist with event/premiere seating and management of database.
• Compose event confirmation letters for our guests and executives.
• Research: venues, event activities and sponsors and develop a catalogue of industry trends and events in the business globally.
• Assist with event/premiere seating and management of database.
• Onsite day of event
• Supervise will call staff, guest check-in and event exceptions.
• Assist with talent introductions and seating in the theatre.
• Organize reserved seating at the party and guest entry.
• Provide seating charts to production with seat kills and seating needs.
• 1-2 Years' Experience in Marketing - Film, Entertainment, Theme Park, Sales, Event Operations
• Ticketing and event management experience.
• Strong Collaborator, Team Player, Multi- Task, and Drives Strong Results
• Innovative and Creative Marketer
• Strong Communication and organizational skills and ability to interface with all levels of management
• Filemaker Pro & Excel Spreadsheet experience
• Preferable Disney Cross Line of business experience
• Four-year College Degree in Marketing, Communication, Business or Related Field
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.