Managing Editor Integrated Content, ABC News
ABCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ABC News is hiring a Managing Editor, Integrated Content to help grow and staff our digital brands, particularly in reaching new audiences through diverse voices and innovative digital storytelling. Reporting to the Vice President and Executive Editor for Digital, the managing editor is a senior member of the ABC News digital leadership team.
• Working closely with the managing editors at each digital brand to identify and build editorial strategies to grow audiences, and in particular, grow engagement with new audience demographics
• Lead efforts to identify and stand-up innovative programs to highlight diverse viewpoints throughout our digital coverage
• Lead news-wide coordination for the digital teams around tentpole race and culture programming
• Partner across the digital newsroom to build out new editorial verticals and programming that targets new audiences
• Develop and implement editorial trainings and workflows that empower all digital journalists to participate in and develop diverse storytelling
• Working closely with the Executive Editor and other ABC News leadership groups, identify new partnerships and business opportunities to build digital audiences.
• Partner with our talent teams to ensure digital representation in all recruiting efforts
• Minimum 7 years' in a leadership role with a digital media organization
• Outstanding editorial judgement
• Proven track record growing digital audiences, particularly in expanding audience demographics
• Familiarity and knowledge of all digital platforms
• People management experience preferred
• Familiarity with digital business models and media products preferred
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.