Manager, Strategy and Finance
Full Time Job
Manager, Strategy and Finance - National Geographic Partners
National Geographic Partners is joint venture between The Walt Disney Company and the National Geographic Society. National Geographic's footprint is global. Its products and services include video content (on linear TV and on Disney ), magazines, consumer products, books, and travel-related products/services.
The Manager (Strategy and Finance) will sit within the NGP finance organization, reporting into the Director (Strategy and Finance). While the primary responsibility for this role is to manage allocations, cash flow, and capital planning, around 25% of the time will be spent on supporting NGP Strategy projects. In this role, you will be working with a wide range of teams within the broader Disney family.
This is a unique opportunity to work on a mix of finance and strategy projects, with visibility into the senior leadership at NGP, and an ability to grow your career at NGP or within the broader Disney family.
• Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) for corporate overhead costs, including forecasting and P&L management, as well as allocation of those costs to businesses within the JV.
• Compensation & benefit planning for Nat Geo's ~800 employees
• Cash flow and capital spend planning, which will increasingly be driven by intercompany balances/activity
• Assist Controllership team during monthly close cycles, providing guidance as to where activity should be coded
• Assist with any required analysis for ongoing NGP Strategy projects.
• Assist in the construction of board presentations, as well as ad hoc decks for the CEO, CFO, and Director of Strategy
• Advanced Excel user
• Solid PowerPoint skills
• Strong analytical, accounting, financial modeling, and reporting skills
• Ability to manage multiple responsibilities, in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Minimum 3 years of experience in corporate finance, financial planning & analysis, accounting, or related fields experience is preferred. Candidates with additional experience are also encouraged to apply
• No specific Media industry experience is required
• Experience with SAP and/or Cognos is a plus
• An accounting designation would be a plus
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.