Manager - Strategy & Business Operations
ABCLos Angeles, NY
Full Time Job
The Walt Disney Television is composed of the Walt Disney Company's (NYSE: DIS) global entertainment and news television properties, including the world's largest television studio. This includes the ABC Entertainment, Disney Television Studios (including ABC Studios, Twentieth Century Fox Television and Fox21 Television Studio), ABC Owned Television Stations Group, ABC News, Disney Channels Worldwide, Freeform, FX Networks & FX Productions, National Geographic Partners and the company's equity interest in A E Television Networks.
The Walt Disney Television Strategy & Business Operations team is an internal consulting group supporting Walt Disney Television executive leadership as well as key business partners across The Walt Disney Company on various strategic and operational initiatives.
A Manager of Strategy & Business Operations will serve as a key team member across a variety of project types, including: evaluating new business opportunities, assessing business strategies, supporting deal and transaction processes and performing various special projects and analyses all in support of growth initiatives and operational optimization across the Walt Disney Television portfolio of businesses. The individual must be an excellent communicator, comfortable presenting to senior executives and stakeholders across TWDC.
• Analyze and understand critical media and entertainment trends and current events
• Develop and evaluate new business opportunities and growth strategies for the company
• Create presentations and other documents supported by strong qualitative and quantitative storytelling
• Build detailed financial models and business plans
• Assess opportunities and risks related to emerging new platforms and technologies
• Perform various analyses (e.g., financial, valuation and market assessment)
• Lead special projects for WDT business divisions and key stakeholders across TWDC
• Minimum of five years of prior experience in management consulting, investment banking, and/or strategic planning
• Deep strategic knowledge of the linear/digital business and media ecosystem
• Superior analytical, financial modeling, and research skills
• Proficient in communicating complex ideas and data sets graphically in an effective way for senior-level executives
• High proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel & Word
• Superior attention to detail
• Excellent project management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Takes initiative and is a self-starter, with the ability to lead projects from inception
• Ability to work both independently and as a member of a collaborative team
• Excellent interpersonal skills; highly effective at working with a variety of business partners and diverse stakeholders
• Familiarity with working in or with large organizations
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, or related field
• Proven strong academic track record
• MBA from a top-tier business school preferred
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.