Manager - Participations
Full Time Job
This individual will report to the Senior Manager in the ABC Studios Finance team responsible for evaluating the financial impact of above-the-line talent deals and will participate in forecast, annual budget, and 5 year plan processes for ABC Studios.
• Develop and maintain complex financial models to calculate ultimate participation liability and cash flow for quarterly close, monthly forecasts, annual budget, and 5 year plan
• Perform a detailed review of the 3rd party and co-production participation statements to ensure proper reporting to 3rd parties and other studios
• Work with Business Affairs to obtain their approval of participation and co-production statements
• Partner with Business Affairs, Legal, Participation and Residual groups to ensure consistent interpretation and administration of deals
• Work closely with members in ABCS finance and ancillary markets to share and evaluate ultimate, production, and distribution information
• Perform ad hoc analyses and provide decision support to senior management in Finance, Legal, and Business Affairs (e.g., new deal proposals, talent renegotiations, participation audits, litigation support)
• Evaluate detailed legal contracts as they relate to contingent compensation for above-the-line talent (e.g., producers, writers, directors); analyze components of agreements and determine the triggers of financial liability
• Identify and recommend operating, contractual, reporting improvements
• Work Experience: Experience with studio talent deals and participations; 3-5 years of work experience in finance or a related field.
• Technical Skills: Expert in Excel. Exceptional and proven financial and modeling skills. Experience with SAP and similar reporting systems a plus.
• Non-technical Skills: Self-motivated and independent thinker. Meticulous, organized, proactive, ability to multi-task and prioritize projects. Strong communication skills, executive presence, and an attention to detail.
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance (or related field). MBA or CPA a plus.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.