Manager - Operations Technology
This was removed by the employer on 7/16/2020 5:06:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager - Operations Technology jobs in Houston-TX
Search all Manager - Operations Technology postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager - Operations Technology? Job Summary:
The Manager, Operations Technology will support the management of the operations technical team as well as resource scheduling team for the Disney Media Networks at The Woodlands Facility. Their primary responsibility will be to lead a team responsible for the support and management of operations tools and technology maintaining a close partnership with internal teams such as Engineering and Transmission. This will include Disney Channel Networks, Freeform, FX Networks, National Geographic Networks, ABC Television Network and all related streaming networks. The Manager will also lead collaborative efforts between external vendors and internal partners as business needs and projects dictate.
The Manager must be familiar with all aspects of the tools used for television workflows and functions. A successful candidate in this role should be able to confidently and effectively lead a skilled technology team while working to prioritize business needs, projects and revenue. Strong leadership qualities are required. The manager will be responsible for all team level decision making and will have interaction with executive management.
• Oversight of network origination toolsets and technical functionality for the Disney Media Networks
• High level ownership of business impact and risk assessment to brand and revenue
• Close partnership with Operations Resource Managers, Engineering and Transmission to ensure equipment is functional and playout origination is being properly executed
• Will work closely with the Operations Technical managers on effective team leadership and efficient day-to-day workflows
• Lead and develop a strong, high functioning team which effectively and efficiently execute assignments
• Oversee the authoring Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and document department processes
• Seek opportunities to improve existing processes and implement new technology
• Conduct ad-hoc analyses to support operational/technology decision making and special projects
• Provide opportunities for skill development and technical training for team members as technology, workflows and best business practices constantly evolve
• Mentor team members and create an environment that encourages personal and departmental growth
• Build and maintain high quality relationships with all internal & external partners
• Provide guidance on the resolution of high profile issues
• Express technical and operational issues clearly to support, engineering and executive management through well written reports
• Interface with third party vendors on current and future solutions and projects
• High availability at all times of day as business needs dictate
• Work constructively and respectfully with fellow team and department members to achieve a common goal while always upholding the values of The Walt Disney Company
• Lead the implementation of technological upgrades and projects furthering the vision of the Facility
• 5 years' experience in television operations with 2 years in a management role
• Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
• Proven team leadership experience and success
• Strong television operations or engineering background
• Must be able to effectively lead a 24/7 team
• Expert knowledge of standard television tools including:
• Video Routers and Switchers
• Rasterizers and Audio Decoders
• Graphics Devices
• Communication Panels
• Multiview Monitors
• Closed Caption and Video Data Encoders
• Playout Automation Systems
• Strong knowledge of live acquisition and remote workflows for live events and linear channels
• Strong understanding of basic video formats (SD, HD, UHD, HD-HDR) and video and audio standards (SMPTE)
• Strong understanding and/or experience with SCTE 104 and SCTE 35 messaging standards
• Basic understanding of traditional video encoding and decoding (ASI) as well as newer standards of compressed and uncompressed IP video transport (SMPTE 2022, SMPTE 2110, HLS, MPEG-TS via multicast, RTMP, DASH)
• Basic understanding of editing software functions
• Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office (esp. Outlook and Excel)
• Proactive problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Ability to analyze issues and communicate quickly and effectively response plans and instructions to team members
• Must be self-motivated, organized and communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
• Strong interest in current industry technologies and developments
• Familiarity with streaming media platforms (e.g., Netflix, Fire TV, Hulu, etc.)
• Familiarity with Disney content, brands and services
Bachelor's degree or certificate in a field related to media, broadcast, engineering, communications OR equivalent work experience
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.