Manager, Media Operations
Full Time Job
The Media Operations Manager will oversee shift specific team of up to 7 people accountable for accurate and timely processing of long form and short form media assets. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Media Operations. As manager of a team responsible for performing timely media ingest and file processing activites for Disney Channel Networks, Freeform, FX Networks, National Geographic Networks and ABC Television Network content, a successful candidate in this role must have the ability to self-motivate and drive a team towards meeting short term and long term media processing deadlines, while collaborating with his or her peers to ensure on-time delivery of compliant content. The Manager will lead collaborative efforts between external vendors and WDT internal partners such as Mastering, Servicing, Marketing, Programming, Ad Sales, Broadcast Operations, Non-Linear Distribution, Content Security, Traffic, and Media Engineering to ensure a high level of customer service to various clients and define best business practices. The Manager will interface with third party physical tape vault library companies and studio Library Technical Services. This person will serve as a representative of a Media Operations management team accountable for process efficiency, resource scheduling, and overall integrity of the department and its workflows.
• Oversee the processing and management of media assets in a results-driven environment
• Accountable for WDT MAM ingest activity, as well as ingest activity that may occur outside WDT MAM
• Lead and develop a strong, high functioning team that's able to effectively and efficiently execute assignments
• Ensure the prompt resolution of high level issues related to file integrity, media attributes, and content compliance
• Interface with third party physical tape vault library companies and studio Library Technical Services to fulfill client requests and maintain our physical asset inventories for archival purposes
• Interface with Media Engineering & IT on equipment maintenance issues and MAM system performance concerns.
• Track department productivity and compliancy metrics to ensure optimum efficiency and quality of services.
• Author Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and document department processes
• Seek opportunities to improve existing processes and implement new technology
• Assist team in developing, maintaining and enforcing media management, storage and content security policies.
• Conduct ad-hoc analyses to support operational/technology decision making and special projects
• Provide opportunities for skill development and technical training for team members as technology, workflows and best business practices constantly evolve
• Mentor team members and create an environment that encourages personal and departmental growth
• Build and maintain high quality relationships with all WDT internal & external partners
• 3 years of media distribution or television operations experience
• Broadcast/Cable television, Studio, or Post Production house experience is preferred
• Operational/Technology experience is a plus
• Results oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations
• Must be flexible to work all shifts including weekends and holidays
• Must be a team player with exceptional communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to lead, train, and motivate a team of exempt and non-exempt employees
• Strong understanding of audio/video file formats, television standards, film formats, codecs, bitrates, frame rates, video resolutions, aspect ratios, broadcast audio configurations and electronic delivery technologies
• Knowledge of media processing tools including Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, QuickTime Pro, MacCaption, Mediator, Compressor, Vantage, Aspera and video tape formats including D5, D2, DVC Pro, HDCAM SR, Digital Betacam, Betacam SP
• Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products and working knowledge of Xytech products
• Must work well with little or no supervision and have a strong attention to detail
• Strong understanding of production and post-production workflows and best practices
• Bachelor's degree required or relevant work experience
About Walt Disney Television:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.