Manager, Marketing Partnerships & Creative
Full Time Job
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Walt Disney Studios Motion Picture Marketing is a dynamic, results-driven marketing team responsible for positioning films and streaming content released by Disney (live action), Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, and 20th Century Studios.? ?This organization oversees the Studios' global marketing strategy encompassing creative, media, digital, international, promotions, publicity, research, special events, and synergy, and handles some the most valuable film brands and franchises of all time. Thanks in large part to the efforts of the marketing team, the Walt Disney Studios has set numerous records at the box office, including being the first and only studio to surpass $3 billion domestically and $7 billion globally in a calendar year, milestones it has achieved twice.
The Manager, Marketing Partnerships & Creative will be responsible for the management, strategic alignment and creative development for the global promotions division of the Walt Disney Studios. The manager will be the department resource to illustrate creative ideas in order to secure new partners and help improve and manage current partner creative for upfront pitching presentations and campaign execution for our largest franchises: Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar, Disney Live Action, Lucasfilm, Hulu Originals, Disney and 20th Century Studios. The role requires a high level of skill in visual creative thinking and technical expertise to bring these multi-million-dollar promotional campaigns to life. Ability to generate pitch ideas and activation strategies are also key to this role. The manager will directly engage with top-tier brands, agencies, and senior creative executives at the Walt Disney Studios.
This role is ideal for a candidate with a strong eye for visual design and a passion for the Disney brands, is able to conceptualize and enhance high-level partnerships with major partners across retail, auto, tech, etc. and is looking to grow their career in creative marketing or advertising.
• Illustrate creative through graphic design for sales and execution teams
• Be able to create expanded pitches from limited assets
• Problem-solve solutions when there is a lack of assets for early pitches and early partner creative
• Create visual art for partner campaigns
• Work with brand leads on proactive creative ideas and opportunities that to tap into pop culture trends, creativity, executional approaches & techniques to share with partners
• Produce concepts to pitch new and returning partners
• Create visual layouts to showcase how brands can be integrated with Disney IP
• Work on proactive concepts for TV commercial scripts
• Work directly with brand teams to facilitate creative approval process along with the execution team
• Create layouts to illustrate notes from brand teams back to the partner
• Generate and illustrate solutions for creative challenges between internal and external partners
• Brainstorm incremental business opportunities and pitches to new and existing promotional partners
• Ability to build strong internal organization and external relationships, be a team player, and proactively provide assistance whenever/wherever needed. The desire to learn and grow is a must.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.