Manager, HR Business Partner
ABCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
The team is looking for Manager, HR Business Partner. This role will contribute to the execution of human resources strategies and tactics to support the needs of The Disney Advertising Sales group within the DTCI organization. Through collaboration with the clients, HR specialty groups and other HR business partners, he or she will serve as an expert consultant to business leaders on all talent matters, including organizational effectiveness, leader effectiveness, organizational design, learning needs/opportunities and conflict resolution.
• Supports, establishes and maintains an intimate understanding of the client organizations and the business, in the interest of building effective and productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and clients, at all levels of the organization.
• Project Manager, develop and drive the implementation of HR strategies and initiatives that align with the business priorities and goals
• Facilitate the consistent application, implementation and improvement of HR policies, processes, and programs (e.g., merit and promotion, planning, performance management, employee relations, career development, headcount planning, etc.)
• Coach business leaders on HR policies and processes, including talent planning, learning and development, and performance management to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development.
• Understand and translate business priorities, employee insights, and external market factors to proactively help drive talent strategies.
• Partner with the Director HRBP develop and execute a lifecycle, calibrated approach to talent management by assessing organizational performance systematically, defining talent gaps and proposing solutions in support of business objectives.
• Lead and champion performance management process and system to foster a culture where conversations are not missed and all voices are heard.
• Partner with Campus Recruiting and business leaders on overseeing Internship Program and recruiting process
• Pair with the Director HRBP and Diversity and Inclusion team to develop thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote diversity and inclusion in talent attraction, development and retention.
• Collaborate with business leaders as well as L&D teams to leverage existing programs, and develop specific learning experiences meaningful for all employees.
• Assess employee training and development needs based on business strategy in order to help close the gaps between current and future skill sets.
• Partner with HR Business Partner and Workforce Insights to oversee employee survey, review results analysis, provide recommendations and support action-planning process.
• Collaborates with recruitment, with a strong focus on acquiring and retaining top talent and on building pipeline for future needs.
• 5 years of progressively responsible experience as an HR Business Partner in a dynamic environment, with specific experience in strategy development, organizational design, talent management and change management.
• Experience working with senior executives in an ''influence-without-authority'' role.
• Demonstrated ability to work in and manage ambiguity – dealing with issues that do not always have a process or a system in place with the capability to help define the process.
• Ability to position self as credible (garners respect, acts with integrity, keeps commitments); proactive (has a point of view, challenges assumptions, takes initiative); and a trusted thought-partner (builds relationships, delivers results).
• Establishes and maintains relationships with HR colleagues within DTCI and across the company to better serve the business.
• Independent work style, balancing the need for collaboration with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated experience and ability to balance business-partnering skills with employee advocacy.
• Possesses both critical thinking capability and hands-on HR business plan implementation experience.
• Relevant industry experience in the media space (preferably within a cutting edge, highly innovative environment)
• Global experience
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Business Management, Human Resources Management or related discipline.
• MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney , the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company's ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN and Disney , oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.