Manager, HR Business Partner
ABCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Manager, HR Business Partner (PH)
At Walt Disney Television, you'll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills…
We are looking for an experienced Manager, HR Business Partner that will focus their efforts on process mapping, standardization and compliance adherence projects within our ABC News.
• Communicate project objectives, including detail understanding of milestones, deliverables, and success criteria.
• Develop and manage project work processes such as project planning, issue management, knowledge management and documentation, meeting structure, progress tracking and reporting etc.
• Provide high quality, timely and professional follow through to ensure appropriate action is taken
• In partnership with key corporate and ABC News stakeholders, support successful implementation of new time keeping system (Kronos).
• Identify best practice workflow to efficiently manage temporary employee population.
• Conduct workforce classification audits and create a plan to ensure compliance with federal and state laws.
• Possess 5 years of progressive human resources experience
• Strong consultative skills and ability to influence
• Ability to work independently and think strategically while navigating through complex environments
• Credible, proactive and trusted thought-partner who has built relationships and delivered results
• Ability to thrive within ambiguity and drive complex projects
• Demonstrates curiosity, business acumen and a desire to understand the 'big picture'.
• Solutions oriented professional that enjoys thinking 'outside the box' in order to come up with the best solution to meet client and business needs.
• Strong, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey information in a clear and courteous manner appropriate for the audience.
• Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to handle multiple competing priorities, while delivering on high quality results and follow through.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint; Outlook, SAP and the Internet.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Business Management, Human Resources Management or related discipline.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.