Manager - Finance
ABCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Walt Disney Television Group is seeking a Finance Manager for ABC News to partner with leadership teams, be responsible for financial analysis and reporting related to the Advertising & Marketing, Consumer Experience, Communications, and assist with the overall consolidated financial planning and reporting for ABC News. The Manager role will be a key member of the ABC News finance team, supporting the financial planning process for budgets, forecasts, and long range plans. The position reports to the ABC News Senior Manager – Planning and Strategy.
Financial Reporting & Planning
• Own day-to-day financial operations, partnering with Advertising & Marketing, Consumer Experience, Communications and Executive leadership
• Prepare reports on financial performance, forecast, and budget to communicate financial results and variance drivers to Business Partners
• Develop reporting tools to facilitate business analysis, identify and help teams implement cost saving recommendations in collaboration with Business Partners
• Oversee quarterly close process and provide in-depth analysis, and provide reporting on financial results and business performance drivers
• Own and prepare the budget/forecast/Long Range Plan for operating expenses, salaries and headcount for operations support areas
• Ad hoc analyses for Business Partners (incl. labor, paid media campaign tracking, etc.)
Consolidations Reporting & Planning
• Manage the budget/forecast/Long Range Plan process through the creation of timelines, management of communications, and coordinating with ABC News Finance colleagues
• Prepare the budget/forecast/Long Range Plan for ancillary revenue and operating expenses (incl. Ad Sales, Flash Sales, Syndication, Depreciation, etc.)
• Collaborate across multiple finance teams (DTCI/WDTV/Corporate) for revenue/ratings/allocations variance explanations
• Support the preparation and consolidation of financial reporting packages and detailed analyses (performance drivers, headcount, inter-company OpEx impact, etc.) to WDTV Finance
• Manage Cash Flow reporting to WDTV Finance for budget/forecast/Long Range Plan
Organizational Development & Business Transformation
• Develop and mentor senior financial analyst
• Be an essential resource for Business Partners and become an integral part of the decision making team
• Partner with various finance teams to identify opportunities to develop reporting tools and dashboards
• Minimum of 5-7 years relevant work experience with close/forecasting/consolidations/data analysis/financial modeling
• High level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
• Deliverable-focused with a strong work ethic and able to prioritize/work independently
• Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and build relationships with various business partners across all levels of management
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to handle multiple priorities
• Prior media/television/broadcast industry experience
• SAP / Cognos / TM1 experience a plus
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.