Manager, Employee Relations - Investigations
ABCLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
At Walt Disney Television Studios, you'll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills….
Walt Disney Television Studios is searching for a Manager, Employee Relations in Human Resources. This position will report to the Director, Employee Relations for Walt Disney Television Studios.
Under the direction of the Director, Employee Relations, the incumbent is responsible for managing the employee relations activities according to established guidelines and Human Resource practices.
• Support the development of this function for our Walt Disney Television Studios HR team. Assist in the creation of tools and processes for providing clients and business partners with ER support, including conducting investigations, coaching, interpreting policies and practices, and assisting in the development of performance management goals.
• Consultant with management, employees from all levels of the organization, HR Business Partners and Legal to deliver seamless support.
• Based on direction from the HR Business Partners (HRBP), lead the development of tactical plans and supporting HR activities for assigned cases, and provide recommendations for solutions.
• Develop consistency in practices and processes for ER issues including investigative matters.
• Lead compliance investigations & performance management processes.
• Respond and advise in cases of workplace violence, EOC, fit for duty, etc.
• Manage Employee Relations, Policy Development & Interpretation.
• Work closely with managers to develop investigation plans. Interview appropriate witness(es). Make recommendations to resolve issues. Consult with HRBP to discuss solutions and work with Legal when appropriate. Prepare appropriate documentation.
• Assist with responses to ''agency'' requests and charges.
• Partner with Security, Management Audit (MA), HRBPs and Legal to enhance our research & review processes.
• Create education for managers/leaders as well as continued education to HRBPs.
• Build on existing metrics and expand reporting to provide data for decision making and prevention. Track effectiveness of solutions with quarterly follow up meeting with client and/or manager.
• The successful candidate will be proactive and will have outstanding listening skills, proven consultative skills, and the ability to handle information with sensitivity and confidentiality.
• Minimum of 6 years Human Resources experience, and/or 5 years in Employee Relations required.
• This position will be mainly working with the Walt Disney Television productions, therefore, Production experience is a plus.
• Bachelor's degree
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.