Manager, Creative Advertising
This was removed by the employer on 6/7/2022 2:51:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Advertising Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Creative Advertising jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Manager, Creative Advertising postings
Full Time Job
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you'll have the opportunity to join a team that's beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you've been looking for.
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Walt Disney Studios Content Marketing is the global marketing arm of Walt Disney Studios Content. Our business is responsible for the creative advertising, research, media, publicity and promotion of every movie released theatrically by the Walt Disney Studios – Disney Live Action, Marvel, Lucasfilm, Disney Animation, Pixar, Disneynature, and 20thCentury Fox. And we're now excited to add to our portfolio, support of our new streaming service, Disney .
Creative Advertising is responsible for the development, creation and execution of all creative audiovisual marketing materials for theatrically released live-action and animated films and streaming content. We determine how to strategically position and market each film within the U.S. as well as assist the International team in creating materials for territories abroad. We also serve as a creative and strategic conduit through which many departments/divisions within the company come for assistance in creating materials, creative direction or approval. These special relationships are crucial to ensure that one unified campaign is communicated to the public. We work closely with every department within WDSMP and WDSMPI – including creative content, publicity, media, synergy, national promotions, online marketing, and distribution; Disney divisions include Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution, Parks, Experiences & Products, Walt Disney Records, Disney Channel, etc. We also maintain collaborative relationships with our partners in Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel, Lucas Film, Disney , and 20thCentury Fox.
This Manager, Creative Advertising role will report directly to the SVP and work across our varied slate of titles.
• Support the SVP and their team with the strategic planning, development and creative execution of worldwide audiovisual advertising campaigns as well as management of creative and finishing processes.
• Lead creative special projects with various partners and stakeholders.
• Demonstrate a creative point of view and perspective.
• Collaborate with & manage A/V agencies on creation of materials (trailers, tv ads, radio, out-of-home A/V, digital creative, clips, internal presentation reels, etc.) for theatrical and Disney titles.
• Oversee the A/V finishing process (creative, music, legal, and clearances), providing final asset approvals and monitoring final delivery.
• Serve as a connector amongst the leadership team and stakeholders, providing real-time updates and proactive communication.
• Effectively manage and track work-streams to ensure progress towards deadlines and deliverables.
• Attend meetings and partner with relevant stakeholders to obtain, organize and equip the SVP with timely and pertinent information to drive informed decision-making.
• Assist in campaign presentations to filmmakers, showrunners, studio executives, internal teams, external partners, etc., including meeting prep and running A/V during meetings.
• Effectively track and organize a high volume of incoming and outgoing materials (both rough and finished A/V, strategy decks, scripts, promotional partnership material, assets etc.) in a timely and secure manner.
• Primary contact for all incoming requests from Marketing and other LOB/segments both within the company and externally using best practices to communicate clearly and effectively, exercising good judgement and discretion, and problem solving when required.
• Point person for vendor communication/asset management, including but not limited to, managing all aspects of vendor onboarding, asset sharing (footage, music, graphics, etc.), accounts payable set-up, and asset delivery methods.
• When required, oversee transfer of sensitive and confidential materials (including materials for filmmaker approval & legal clearances) enforcing security protocols.
• Handle all invoice approvals and allocations and keep track of budget spend.
• 5 years of marketing/advertising experience preferred
• 5 years of experience in the creation of audiovisual materials – preferably within the entertainment industry
• Audiovisual production and finishing experience/knowledge required
• Experience interfacing with high level executives and filmmakers
• Advanced experience in project management, understanding of financials and vendor management
• Passion for advertising, creativity, design and storytelling
• Extremely creative with an eye for details
• Expert project management skills with a track record of driving results-well-organized with the ability to manage multiple projects and demonstrate resilience, adjusting quickly to shifting priorities and ambiguity
• Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to build relationships, influence decisions, and drive results through partnerships
• Effective problem solving and communication skills, leveraging resources available to achieve end result.
• Demonstrated ability to be proactive and resourceful
• Team player who can discern when to act independently
• Strong understanding of copywriting
• Represents the team in a professional manner when working with other offices, executives, and filmmakers, as well as business unit contacts and external partners
• Ability to maintain the highest standards of strict confidentiality with respect to all matters, documents, and verbal and written correspondence
• Comfortable with working extended hours and sometimes weekends
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, to