Manager, Business Operations
Full Time Job
The Manager, Business Operations will develop a productive partnership with business stakeholders at all levels and facilitate product development toward delivery of integrated, efficient, and intuitive business systems for the production and accounting teams on Motion Picture Productions.
• Serve as key point of contact for stakeholders across Production department to identify and test new digital production tools (i.e.; Payroll Company and 3rd Party Digital Onboarding Systems, Digital Vouches for Extras, Scenechronize Digital Production Office, Digital Time Cards, Asset Hub, etc.)
• Uphold and maintain Business Policy & Procedure, ensuring facilitation into systems and processes of the greater Motion Picture Production team applications and tools.
• Develop a working knowledge of products and services in the Media and Entertainment industry to help build a digital production and accounting office.
• Research new applications and processes with internal and external organizations
• Help to facilitate financial workflow systems both for the freelance accounting teams, and the studio finance department.
• Work with Studio Production Finance teams to harmonize Production Accounting policy and procedures, and create systems to match those policies.
• Partner with the Studio and Production Office Technology team to facilitate the business prioritization to the Studio Tech team on which applications to pursue, how the Applications should be used from a process and policy standpoint.
• Partner with Studio Technology and Financial Systems teams to build data visualization tools for Studio reporting requirements across productions.
• Oversee the day-to-day operational aspects and analyze current processes to help make the business as efficient as possible.
• Support Director of Business Operations with production corporation compliance and reporting requirements for the Corporate Secretary and Studio Tax departments.
• Create, develop and maintain on-going communication plans & provide training for system users
• Ensure project training documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
• Assist with Production Accounting audits, as required.
• Special Projects as required.
• Minimum 3 years' experience managing others to meet expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment
• Experience with data visualization tools and analytics (Business Intelligence analytics and insights)
• Experience in production accounting or production finance (and their systems ex. Smart Accounting, Greenslate, PSL , SAP) preferred.
• Experience in digital onboarding tools (DocuSign, Smart Start, Start , CrewStart, or others) preferred.
• Ability to work under pressure while managing multiple tasks and organizing work effectively
• Good meeting facilitation skills and effective team player who encourages collaboration between teams.
• Ability to develop and present business cases via PowerPoint or Keynote
• Strong written and oral communications skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• College Degree Preferred
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.