Manager, Advertising & Media
ABCLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Advertising & Media (FX Networks)
FX is seeking a Manager of Advertising & Media who will be responsible for the development of marketing materials tied to consumer launches and sustaining efforts in all media forms not limited to TV, online, digital, radio, outdoor and print across FX Brand, FX Linear shows and FXonHulu exclusives campaigns. The position plays an integral role in the team, working in collaboration with the Vice President and Director to identify, develop and execute the required materials that comprise brand awareness and tune-in efforts on behalf of the network.
• Act as primary day to day contact with and manage digital agencies to concept and develop assets for use in the digital marketing campaign.
• Identify available content for use across the paid marketing campaign by coordinating with Content and Editorial, Print, Graphics, and Social Media teams.
• Work with the internal teams and the media agency to develop campaign strategy, creative and campaign ideation with partners.
• Gather research and competitive programming to provide key inputs for the marketing brief and strategy.
• Facilitate approvals from the necessary departments (e.g., legal, development, graphics) for all marketing materials.
• Request, traffic and troubleshoot marketing materials and placements tied to off-network media buys to ensure placement, accuracy, and compliance.
• Contribute to the company's Diversity and Inclusion efforts including seeking out diverse agencies and media partners.
• Review media plans presented by the Agency, analyze details (e.g., targeting) and conduct vetting of partner environments (including D&I partners) and assets needed to deliver feedback on media strategy.
• Monitor execution, including QA, reviewing pacing and performance in campaign and drafting optimization recommendations.
• Conduct follow-up evaluation on all new business/media opportunities that are presented to FX.
• 5 years of marketing experience from a TV network or TV account at an ad agency
• Must be a solutions oriented team player with excellent critical thinking skills
• Project management experience and ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to deadlines
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Photoshop and other relevant marketing software a plus
• Solid written and verbal communication skills required
• Media experience/exposure to analyzing media placements, opportunities, and packages
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
About FX Networks:
FX Networks is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM, the video on-demand app FXNOW and the commercial-free on-demand service FX . FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in 88 million homes. The diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit dramas series including Taboo, Legion, Snowfall, Trust, Pose, Mayans M.C. and the upcoming Y; the critically-acclaimed limited series American Horror Story, Fargo, American Crime Story, FEUD, Fosse/Verdon and the upcoming Devs, Shogun and Mrs. America; acclaimed hit comedy series including Atlanta, Baskets, Better Things, What We Do in the Shadows and the upcoming Breeders; the half-hour series Mr Inbetween; and the upcoming docuseries The Weekly with The New York Times. FX is the former home of the critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit drama series The Shield, Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, Damages, Sons of Anarchy, Justified and The Americans. The network's library of acquired box-office hit movies is unmatched by any ad-supported television network. FXX, the newest network, launched in September 2013 and is carried in 86 million homes. Geared towards a young adult audience, the schedule features original series, movies, and acquired series. The channel is anchored by the acclaimed hit comedies It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and the Emmy® Award winning comedy series Archer. FXX is also the exclusive cable home to The Simpsons, the longest-running comedy in TV history. FXM (formerly Fox Movie Channel) was launched in October of 1994 and is now carried in 57 million homes. Its schedule features classic films during the day (FXM Retro), contemporary box office hits and acclaimed, award-winning films, and short-form award-winning original programming in the evening.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call FX Networks.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.