Learning & Talent Development Coordinator
Full Time Job
The Learning & Development Coordinator supports the Learning & Development and Career Development departments for Walt Disney Television's population by providing learning opportunities, services and programs in order to build employee capabilities develop future leaders and retain key talent to drive business objectives. Primary responsibilities of this position include enrollment coordination, employee communication, logistics, course materials production, vendor communication, metrics calculations and general office administrative tasks.
This position is part of a greater L&D team with staff located in New York and Burbank. This role is approximately 75% Learning & Development, 20% Career Development, and 5% Performance Management support, varied by time of year and priority.
The Learning & Development Coordinator is based in Burbank, CA and reports to the Senior Manager, Learning & Development also located in Burbank.
• Scheduling meetings in Outlook, ordering office supplies and equipment, creating documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Keynote), distributing mail, shipping materials, etc.
• Updating and maintaining team SharePoint site, including managing the coach database and managing contract files
• Financial support for purchase orders, invoices, A/P uploads, charge backs
• Other administrative duties as assigned, which may include travel coordination for vendors
Curriculum/Consultation/Event Support and Logistics
• Schedule training rooms, setting up training rooms with equipment and A/V, and ordering catering as needed for all course/curriculum programs, events, and mentoring programs
• Vendor communication/confirmation and logistics for external vendors and consultants
• Course material production and distribution
• Sending course reminders and materials to employees
• Preparing evaluations/surveys, distributing and collecting data, tabulating responses, preparing summary data and creating spreadsheets
• Tracking no-show/cancellation data and running quarterly chargeback reports
• Partner with the Learning COE and/or vendors to run team assessments
• Coordinator and troubleshooting of virtual sessions/events
• General support to course facilitator as needed
• Learning Management System (LMS): Scheduling courses tracking enrollment, preparing class rosters, giving credit for attendance, researching historical data and running reports as needed, and uploading relevant content
• Performance Management System: Running status reports, pulling historical information/data, and coordinating with the COE to resolve issues
• Career Development System:
• Mentor System: Provide administrative tech. support and answer user questions
Marketing/ Communications Support
• Prepare marketing emails, online newsletters, creating distribution lists and marketing materials
• Serve as first point of contact for all department inbox inquiries
• Develop emails, presentations, reports and summaries for decision makers
• Communicate professionally, tactfully and with the utmost diplomacy at all times. Maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
• Facilitate segment-wide in-person and virtual orientation offerings
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills as well as exemplary customer service skills
• Ability to effectively and professionally interface with high level executives, clients, business associates, and employees
• Ability to exercise good judgment, use discretion, work with limited supervision
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment, handle confidential and sensitive information
• A self-starter – Ability to anticipate issues and proactively problem solve
• Strong organizational and follow-through skills
• Demonstrated flexibility and professionalism in an environment where change is constant
• Exceptional attention to detail – Proven ability to manage multiple tasks with varying complexity
• Able to lift 30 pounds 3-4 feet and rearrange tables/chairs in a classroom
• Event planning and logistics experience
• Bachelor's Degree
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.