Executive Editorial Producer Integrated Content Strategy
ABCNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 5/7/2021 5:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Executive Editorial Producer Integrated Content Strategy jobs in New York-NY
Search all Executive Editorial Producer Integrated Content Strategy postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Executive Editorial Producer Integrated Content Strategy? Executive Editorial Producer – Integrated Content Strategy (ABC News)
ABC News is hiring an Executive Editorial Producer to help lead and execute the creative content strategy aimed at producing relevant and compelling reporting on the experiences and interests of culturally diverse audiences, harnessing the talent, resources and storytelling ability of the entire news division. This role calls for someone who has a passion for storytelling, an urge to drive and produce creative content and a desire to be at the forefront of inclusive content and audience development. As a leader on the ABC News Integrated Content Strategy team, they will help shape the way in which we cover news, take advantage of ABC News content, and create compelling news series, specials and daily reports. Executive Editorial Producer will report to the Senior Vice President, Integrated Content Strategy.
• Execute on the reporting strategy as defined by the SVP Integrated Content Strategy to develop and promote unique and compelling storytelling opportunities aimed at building diverse audiences across ABC News.
• Collaborate, plan and execute with executives and producers across ABC to maximize and exploit IP material central to non-fiction, innovative storytelling around multicultural reporting with the aim of supporting business development and production opportunities across ABC, WDT, streaming and social platforms.
• Oversee coordination of the Race & Culture reporting teams, leading cross-division production collaboration to pitch and develop daily reporting and special projects.
• Create and execute a daily pitch process for the News Division to support and advance the work of the Race & Culture reporting effort.
• Oversee the editorial development and staffing of non-fiction series.
• Develop editorial initiatives to showcase new, diverse voices, including talent showcases, reporting workshops, booking database.
• Support the development of content analysis tools to examine show and platform performance toward increasing representation of diverse voices and reporting.
• Establish a structured environment for editorial work.
• Coordinate special project launches and marketing with division wide partners
• Strategize across shows and brands to ensure that Planning, Engagement, and Audience Development departments are leveraging the original content being produced
• Work with digital teams to develop and implement engagement strategies across platforms
• Ensure alignment with ABC News editorial guidelines and mission
• A leadership approach that fosters collaboration, innovation and inclusion
• At least 6 years of experience in editorial roles.
• Proven experience in multiplatform production or digital media
• Preference for a journalism native who has spent years immersed in the space
• Ability to present feedback and recommendations to stakeholders across various internal and external teams to influence decision-making
• Communication skills (written and verbal) – ability to effectively communicate and interact with people at various levels and in various disciplines of business and production
• Driven self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and collaboratively across multiple departments and disciplines in a fast-paced environment
• Deep knowledge of multicultural reporting issues
• Experience managing cross platform teams
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.