Executive Director, Production Systems Technology & Support, News
ABCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Executive Director, Production Systems Technology & Support is the senior technology role within ABC News responsible for all IT in the media production environment. This role is vital to the acquisition, production and distribution of ABC News content. The Executive Director is responsible for setting the strategic direction and leading the team overseeing infrastructure, systems, security and support across the entire environment.
This is a highly collaborative role managing engagement across multiple business segments, internal teams and technology vendors to deliver agile, reliable and secure production resources. Through engagement with
engineering, maintenance and enterprise teams, the Executive Director will lead efforts to align investment, technical direction, and strategic vision for ABC News.
The Executive Director will have a significant role as part of the team designing a next generation media production infrastructure over the next few years as ABC News prepares to move to a purpose-built facility in the coming years.
The Executive Director will lead a team responsible for the IT design, implementation and support including the following areas:
• Network architecture
• Network Design and implementation of audio/video post production systems, media storage and workflow (edit, graphics, transcode, etc...)
• Security, compliance and governance
• 24/7 monitoring and support of media systems and workflows
• Automation tools
• Vendor relationships, POCs
Expertise/understanding in the following functional areas is vital to success in this role:
• Storage Solution/Cluster Management
• Cloud/Hybrid Cloud
• Data Center/Colo Architecture/Connectivity
• Technical leadership to help develop world class, software defined, infrastructure capabilities.
• Define key metrics, business and technical requirements, technical design and roadmap to drive project initiatives.
• Provide intimate hands-on working knowledge of public and private cloud networking and guide engineering SME for peers and other operations departments.
• Collaborate with business and technical stakeholders and provide innovation leadership on emerging technologies, architectures, platform vision, and strategy.
• Experience with public cloud automation DevOps tools and techniques, as well as escalation protocols to ensure operations SLAs.
• Manage cross-functional collaboration with other Disney ABC teams/organizations; work with project team members, and other internal teams, to deliver against project management plans.
• Create and present technical strategies to a variety of audiences including customers, executives, peers and staff.
• Minimum 15 year's relevant experience in implementation, engineering, design and architecture roles
• Experience with the enterprise design, development and deployment of media processing software, at scale, of current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage and virtualization experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for composing and delivering technical presentations or other forms of documentation to various levels of technical and non-technical management
• Experience with migration of infrastructure, data and applications out of legacy data centers into cloud and hybrid environments
• Strong IT industry contacts across media/production IT systems, store and compute vendors and industry groups.
• Data Center Experience
• OpenStack/Docker Experience
• Experience with television distribution (Linear/Nonlinear), MAM/DAM, and ML workloads
• Knowledge of media and broadcast related standards: SMPTE 2110/PTP/IEEE/NDI/SDI
Bachelor's degree from a four year accredited college or unversity
Bachelor's degree in a technical field
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.