Executive Assistant ABC News, Finance & Business Planning
ABCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Are you the type who jumps at challenges? Do you feel comfortable juggling both long-term and ''this minute'' work? Do others consider you a ''people'' person? And do you hope to start a career at Disney? If the answer is ''yes,'' then a Professional Support position at The Walt Disney Company might be right for you.
Our Support Professionals are highly-respected and use their skills to keep the wheels turning so that our Guests and customers can enjoy the legendary Disney Magic. You'd be part of a dynamic, fast-paced team that does their part to bring smiles to millions, and would learn about your industry from some of the most creative, intelligent people in the field.
The Walt Disney Television Group is composed of the Walt Disney Company's (NYSE: DIS) Broadcast and Cable operations. Broadcast properties include ABC Entertainment, ABC Studios, 20th Century Fox TV, ABC Owned & Operated TV Stations, Marvel Live Action TV, and ABC News. The company's equity interest in A&E Television Networks round out the Group's portfolio of media businesses. The Cable properties include Freeform, FX, Disney Channel, and National Geographic.
This position currently reports to the VP of Finance and Business Planning.
You would be responsible for keeping the day-to-day workings of your office (can substitute with ''your leaders'' if the role is less office, and more person-focused) humming. Of course there are going to be memos, expense reports and spreadsheets, but this job is very much about people, about forming relationships with your leaders and partnerships with your co-workers, and about laying the groundwork for your career by understanding how the Disney enterprise is structured. Every day as a Support Professional is different!
• Create a multi-city travel itinerary, taking into account things like time zones and traffic;
• Draft letters and emails on behalf of your leaders;
• Prepare regular reports and summaries -- you'll have tasks that you ''own'' completely;
• Collaborate on projects by conducting research, writing and fact-checking;
• Make an inventory of the office supplies, then devise a more efficient way to keep things in stock;
• Review your leader's schedule so you understand the day's priorities and can be smart about how you direct phone calls;
• Schedule conference rooms, meetings and video chats;
• Be ready to throw the entire schedule out the door when an emergency comes up, then pick it up again when the dust settles;
• Use teamwork to do the job better, faster, smarter;
• Assist with on-boarding new employees – you'll be the ''friendly face'' that newbies count on to answer all their questions;
• Manage purchase orders and vendor contracts;
• Plan events like birthdays, service anniversary recognition parties, lunch-and-learns and team-building activities
• At least 1 year or more in an administrative role, preferably with a background & passion for the finance field
• Sharp written and verbal communication skills, including clean grammar;
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines/deliverables;
• Strong proficiency with computers, phones and office equipment;
• Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite and working in a Windows environment;
• A calm head and steady hand to deal with the unexpected;
• Confidence to learn new programs such as SAP, Sharepoint and Concur;
• Reliability handling confidential information;
• Desire to truly be helpful to your leaders and co-workers, to go the extra mile without being asked, to build solid inter and intra-team relationships;
• Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail; and
• A positive outlook and a can-do attitude.
• Good knowledge Accounts Payable and other financial projects
• Experience working in a large public company;
• Experience in the financial industry
• Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience
• Master's degree
Some of the perks we offer include:
• Admission to our theme parks, paid time off, 401K participation, a retirement savings plan, discounts on a wide variety of offerings, medical/dental/vision insurance and educational reimbursement-just to name a few!
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.