Employee Relations Manager
ABCNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/26/2019 11:51:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for Employee Relations Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Employee Relations Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Employee Relations Manager? Employee Relations Manager (Project Hire)
Walt Disney Television is the iconic collection of The Walt Disney Company's entertainment and news properties creating award-winning content across an impressive portfolio of television brands and businesses, including The ABC Television Network, ABC Studios, ABC News, the ABC Owned Television Stations Group, Freeform, Twentieth Century Fox Television and Fox 21 Television Studios, FX Networks and FX Productions, the Disney Channel networks and National Geographic Partners. A home to dynamic storytellers and talented creators, WDT develops, produces and programs exceptional content of unparalleled scale and reach across multimedia platforms.
Under the direction of the Director, Employee Relations, the Manager, Employee Relations (Project Hire) is responsible for managing the employee relations activities according to established guidelines and Human Resource practices.
• Support the development of this function for our DATG HR team. Assist in the creation of tools and processes for providing clients and business partners with ER support, including conducting investigations, coaching, interpreting policies and practices, and assisting in the development of performance management goals.
• Consultant with management, employees from all levels of the organization, HR Business Partners and Legal to deliver seamless support.
• Based on direction from the HR Business Partners (HRBP), lead the development of tactical plans and supporting HR activities for assigned cases, and provide recommendations for solutions.
• Develop consistency in practices and processes for ER issues including investigative matters.
• Lead compliance investigations & performance management processes.
• Respond and advise in cases of workplace violence, EOC, fit for duty, etc.
• Manage Employee Relations, Policy Development & Interpretation.
• Work closely with managers to develop investigation plans. Interview appropriate witness(es). Make recommendations to resolve issues. Consult with HRBP to discuss solutions and work with Legal when appropriate. Prepare appropriate documentation.
• Assist with responses to ''agency'' requests and charges
• Partner with Security, Management Audit (MA), HRBPs and Legal to enhance our research & review processes
• Assist in creating a tracking system for ER cases
• Respond to Management Audit inquiries.
• Create education for managers/leaders as well as continued education to HRBPs.
• Build on existing metrics and expand reporting to provide data for decision making and prevention. Track effectiveness of solutions with quarterly follow up meeting with client and/or manager.
• The successful candidate will be proactive and will have outstanding listening skills, proven consultative skills, and the ability to handle information with sensitivity and confidentiality.
• Minimum of 6 years Human Resources experience, and/or 5 years in Employee Relations required
• Bachelor's Degree
• JD Preferred
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.