Editing Operations Manager
ABCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ABC News Editing Operations Manager
ABC News is responsible for all of the ABC Television Network's news programming, including ''World News Tonight with David Muir,'' ''Nightline,'' ''Good Morning America,'' ''20/20,'' ''This Week with George Stephanopoulos,'' ABC News Radio, ABCNews.com. ABCNEWS Live, ABCNEWS VOD, and satellite service NewsOne. An award-winning team provides the latest information and analysis of major events to bring viewers a big-picture understanding of the world. News blends the Network's global news-gathering operation and unrivaled lineup of trusted anchors and reporters with the digital media company's vast distribution and cutting-edge technology to reach up to 100 million people in the U.S. each month on PCs, mobile devices and tablets.
Working with production, this position manages the daily ingest, editing, delivery procedures and teams as well as media management needs of all ABC News broadcasts. This position will work with News Editing Operations Senior Managers in coordinating support across all programs and platforms, including Lincoln Square Productions and VOD.
Candidate will work with a team of operational personnel to implement new workflows to handle various field acquisitions, file deliveries and mixed format editing. Candidate will work with managers in preparing deliverables for cable partners, on demand video, and international deliverables as well as maintaining DMAC archive procedures. Manager will assist with the specialized needs of various Production personnel with both operational and Avid issues, including our extended partners at Lincoln Square Productions.
Manager is responsible for scheduling manpower and facilities in the MTC/DMC per the scheduling plan laid out by the Senior Manager. The position also assists with the media management on all News edit servers (including, but not restricted to Lincoln Square Productions) under the supervision of the Senior Editing Operations Managers. Manager will work closely with the VOD team in building workflows and finding efficiencies between units.
ABCNews is a 24/7 multiplatform business. Current shift is afternoon-evening shift, but subject to change as News and business require.
• Editor and facilities scheduling for 24/7 News post production department.
• Work with production providing day-to-day operational solutions for the News editing department.
• Supervise a staff of editors, content editors, assistant editors and ingest specialists.
• Troubleshoot files and format irregularities.
• Technical and operational support for Avid systems.
• Media Management of multiple servers.
• Find, test new technologies & create workflows.
• Use of web tools to monitor, publish and distribute video content.
• Metadata management.
• Breaking news support.
• Recruit, evaluate and train new talent for various editing roles and digitizing.
• Quality assurance of video content across all platforms.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Broadcast and Digital news.
• Avid Media Composer proficiency.
• Experience with Adobe products, SATAI, Marquis Technologies, & current camera technology required.
• Experience working in a newsroom, or interest in journalism and current events.
• Must be able to work independently and think critically in a high-stress environment.
• Strong communication skills.
• Knowledge of broadcast editing equipment functionality: Monitors, Scopes, Speakers.
• Experience with Dalet, VDI, AWS, and other virtual workflows.
• Knowledge of third party edit plug-ins preferred: Sapphire, BCC, Izotope, etc.
• Knowledge of Telestream technologies.
• Knowledge of broadcast routing systems: nVision, Grass Valley, EXE.
• Knowledge of TVU, Vue-Cube, IP streaming technologies.
• BA or BS from a four year accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.