Director, Multicultural Publicity
Full Time Job
The Marketing Publicity team at the Walt Disney Studio is seeking a Director of Multicultural Publicity that is a dedicated, dynamic, team player and skilled multicultural leader responsible for developing and integrating tactics along with materials to enhance and enrich outreach to multicultural audiences. This position reports to the Executive Vice President, Publicity.
The ideal candidate for the role is a highly passionate, collaborative, outgoing, creative-oriented multicultural leader. This person has an entrepreneurial spirit who does not settle for the expected and pushes ideas beyond the obvious possibilities. They should be an expert in the field, possessing a broad set of publicity, marketing, and management skills.
As a crucial member of our Publicity team, they will oversee the strategic development and day-to-day management in the multicultural space. It would include, but not limited to: Hispanic, Asian, and African American film publicity, word-of-mouth outreach, grassroots events, all forms of publicity, including traditional, print, TV, and digital publicity and social influencer/content creator executions.
This includes management of external partners that assist in executing long lead and in-campaign television and digital outreach, talent appearances, junket and premiere exposure, major national efforts, as well as localized events that touch in the multicultural space.
Exceptional communication skills at all levels is crucial. On a daily basis, the individual in this position will be someone that can take initiative with minimal direction, and have the ability to seek out information from various sources and have exceptional follow-through. The individual will be expected to communicate clearly with both external partners as well as executives and filmmakers.
• Lead and strategize innovative ideas on all multicultural publicity efforts in the multicultural space
• Partner with Marketing Strategy leads and Multicultural marketing leads to influence and lead all publicity campaigns
• Have a thorough understanding and maintain communication through strong, established relationships with all key Hispanic and African American publicity partners and media outlets
• Manage and partner with hired multicultural publicity agencies including sharing strategy and direction, maintaining constant communication on major executions and providing overall day-to-day direction.
• Work in partnership with individual Publicity and Field teams to develop movie-specific publicity strategies driven from multicultural consumer insights
• Function as a subject matter expert and partner with the Publicity teams to identify, initiate and drive new multicultural-leaning publicity opportunities
• Effectively communicate, both internally and externally, all multicultural opportunities and status
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the multicultural publicity space, preferred 7 years.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in the entertainment industry, in theatrical publicity/marketing in the multicultural space.
• Experience managing agencies in the multicultural space
• Preferred Bilingual (Spanish/English)
• Working knowledge of Microsoft-based software: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Strong organization and communication skills are required to interface effectively with internal and external parties
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.