Director, Marketing - News
ABCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Director of Marketing is responsible for leading the charge on marketing objectives, initiatives and new business. This individual will strategically and creatively direct and manage all activities of marketing to reach set goals. The Director of Marketing will work across the division working with the senior teams, and will report to top management.
• Develop, manage, innovate and lead an inspired marketing charge across the division
• Develop and implement Marketing strategies that spark new ideas and deliver growth across digital & live-streaming, mobile, social and emerging platforms
• Leverage and exploit opportunities for new initiatives, products and subscription services
• Implement marketing strategies that build audience and new business opportunities
• Generate buzz and excitement in the consumer and marketing worlds
• On an annual and ongoing basis; design, drive consensus (with the executives) and implement a winning marketing plan
• Develop and direct live-streaming, digital and social media marketing priorities & initiatives
• Translate organizational strategies, objectives and business targets into successful plans, programs and campaigns using effective tactics and methodologies
• Develop and execute a meaningful product marketing development strategy that delivers on goals and targets
• Plan and manage marketing budgets along with senior team
• Develop long range marketing calendars.
• Work closely with senior team, programming, sales, corporate marketing, media relations, synergy, and all relevant key partners on all marketing related issues
• Support the Business Development function with marketing strategy, research, and competitor analysis
• Establish and implement an effective marketing communications strategy across the division (and company) that delivers appropriate content to target markets and existing customers.
• Ensure the effective integration of the Marketing department and it's initiatives with other functions across the business leveraging existing partnerships and developing new ones
• Ensure the development, maintenance and coordination of advertising/sponsorship opportunities – working alongside sales and creative teams
• Analyze challenges, identify alternative solutions
• Work a flexible schedule, including early mornings, days, evenings, holidays, extended (long) workdays for an extended number of days as needed
• Explore non-traditional marketing opportunities to deliver on goals
• Develop, monitor and constantly evaluate ROI
• Manage day-to-day marketing events & activities
• Minimum of 5 years of increasingly responsible experience in marketing required – proven track record of success and growth – and building and delivering on subscription based priorities
• Excellent strategic and creative abilities, production sense and aesthetic judgment
• Strong hands on leader
• Extensive experience with developing effective marketing campaigns utilizes multi-media
• Ability to plan and supervise multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work alongside & manage creative teams
• Strong leadership and organizational skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
• BS/BA in Marketing or related field preferred.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
ABC News is responsible for all of the ABC Television Network's news programming, including ''World News Tonight with David Muir,'' ''Strahan & Sara,'' ''Nightline,'' ''Good Morning America,'' ''20/20,'' ''This Week with George Stephanopoulos,'' ABC News Radio, ABCNews.com, and satellite service NewsOne. An award-winning team provides the latest information and analysis of major events to bring viewers a big-picture understanding of the world.