Director, Creative Advertising
This was removed by the employer on 5/25/2022 4:51:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Advertising Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Search for Director, Creative Advertising jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Director, Creative Advertising postings
Full Time Job
Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures Marketing is the global marketing arm of The Walt Disney Studios. Our business is responsible for the creative advertising, research, media, publicity and promotion of every movie released theatrically by the Walt Disney Studios – Disney Live Action, Marvel, Lucasfilm, Disney Animation, Pixar, Disneynature and 20th Century Studios. And we're now excited to add to our portfolio, support of our new streaming service, Disney .
Creative Advertising Services is responsible for the development, creation and execution of all creative audiovisual marketing materials for theatrically released live-action and animated films and shows. We determine how to strategically position and market each film within the U.S. as well as assist the International team in creating materials for territories abroad. We also serve as a creative and strategic conduit through which many departments/divisions within the company come for assistance in creating materials, creative direction or approval. These special relationships are crucial to ensure that one unified campaign is communicated to the public. We work closely with every department within WDSMP and WDSMPI – including creative content, publicity, media, synergy, national promotions, online marketing, and distribution; Disney divisions include Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, theme parks & resorts, Walt Disney Records; Disney Store, publishing, Disney Interactive Studios, Disney Channel, consumer products, etc.
• Collaborate in determining the strategic planning, and handle development and creative execution of worldwide audiovisual advertising campaigns.
• Develop positioning statements and corresponding marketing strategies and materials.
• Collaborate creatively with various audiovisual agencies on audiovisual materials (trailers, tv spots, behind the scenes featurettes, online pods, viral videos, clips for publicity and online use, and internal presentation reels.
• Present campaigns to filmmakers, studio executives, international offices, other Disney divisions, etc.
• Oversee the finishing of audiovisual materials.
• Passion for advertising.
• Candidate must be extremely creative.
• Organized and have a great eye for detail. Great follow-up a must.
• Thrive in working in an extremely fast-paced environment.
• Okay with working extended hours and sometimes weekends.
• Demonstrate the ability to be proactive and resourceful.
• Able to juggle many different projects in various degrees of completion at the same time.
• Able to work independently and as a team.
• Strong design sense.
• Have an understanding of basic storytelling.
• Have a strong understanding of copywriting.
• Experience with developing print advertising.
• 5 years of marketing/advertising experience required
• 5 years of experience in the creation of audiovisual materials – preferably within the entertainment industry.
• Audiovisual production and finishing experience/knowledge required.
• Experience interfacing with high level executives and filmmakers.
• Bachelor's degree minimum. Preferably a degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Cinema/Television or related field.
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.