Digital Producer / Reporter, Race & Culture
ABCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Digital Producer/Reporter, Race & Culture (ABC News Digital)
ABC News is looking for a Digital Producer/ Reporter (Off Air) to join the ABC News team, covering Race and Culture. The Digital Producer/ Reporter will be tasked with writing and covering daily and futures content for the Race and Culture vertical.
We are looking for someone with a passion for covering diverse perspectives, and who is tapped into social media trends and online conversation across a variety of communities. Reporting into the Senior Editor, Race & Culture, s/he must have experience as a digital writer/reporter creating stories that engage a mobile audience, be able to handle breaking race and culture news, write articles complementary to broadcast pieces, and coordinate across video and social. The ability and desire to tap into the deeper social issues at the core of these stories is also crucial. This reporter will be expected to conceive, pitch, report and write shareable stories that engage the ABC News audience on a daily basis, produce enterprise original future assignments, and work on special events coverage as needed.
We are looking for someone with impeccable editorial judgment, storytelling abilities and an authentic voice, who can meet daily deadlines and juggle multiple assignments in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
This role works collaboratively with the digital video and social teams to create complete multi-media packages that live across all of our platforms.
• Conceive, pitch, report and write multi-media stories that engage digital audiences on a daily basis.
• Closely monitor and cover trends and social media conversation around race and culture topics.
• Write articles and produce digital coverage around broadcast segments.
• Execute special coverage for special events, including politics and elections
• Optimize content for SEO and different platforms.
• Minimum 2 years of experience writing for an online media brand in a fast-paced news environment meeting daily deadlines; with direct reporting on race & culture stories.
• Strong digital writing skills with experience in news.
• Proficiency in social and/or video editing
• Excellent time-management, organizational and planning skills with an impeccable attention to detail.
• A willingness to work collaboratively across ABC News and take direction on all editorial decisions.
• A developed network of sources.
• Adherence to the highest standards of journalism.
• Proficient in relevant languages, including Spanish
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.