Deputy Coordinating Producer
ABCNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/18/2019 8:44:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Search for Deputy Coordinating Producer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Deputy Coordinating Producer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Deputy Coordinating Producer? Deputy Coordinating Producer (ABC News Digital)
ABC NEWS DIGITAL has an opening for DEPUTY COORDINATING PRODUCER. We are looking for someone with a strong social background and ability to help innovate and experiment with new forms of video storytelling.
This role will work with a coordinating producer to help oversee the production of a newscast for distribution on digital platforms.
The DCP will help focus on social strategy for the show and work with the social and audience development teams to engage the audience. He or she will also serve as a right hand to the coordinating producer in the execution of each episode. This will include working with Newsgathering to secure participation from correspondents and producers in the field. The ideal candidate is also a team player who will contribute to the daily workflow of the show. Tasks will include producing and editing social clips and show segments. He or she should have a natural news instinct and ability to cover a breaking news story with accuracy and speed. This role will include weekend hours that may shift as we continually work to optimize the show's performance.
• Help manage future projects and development ideas
• Help make requests to correspondents and producers for next day/future shows
• Work with social and audience development to help create and maintain strategy
• Produce and edit any social clips needed
• Assist CP with approval of edits and scripts
• Edit and produce segments for the daily show and future episodes if/when needed
• Pitch and produce stories with a focus on pushing the bounds of vertical video
• Search for video stories and ideas to be featured on upcoming episodes
• Fill in and support coordinating producer with tasks as needed
• A minimum of 4 years of producing experience
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Understanding of social media strategy and a strong sense of mobile-friendly video
• Communication skills (written and verbal) – ability to effectively communicate and interact with people at various levels and in various disciplines of business and production
• Ability to balance multiple priorities, projects and tasks
• Brings energy and positivity to the team
• Willingness to embrace and innovate around new audience tastes and trends
• Familiarity with either AVID or non-linear video editing is a must
• Thorough knowledge of digital production and post-production workflows
• Knowledge of Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere
• Previous leadership experience is preferred
• Original writing, editing and reporting skills
• Comfortable covering stories on a wide range of topics
• Well-organized, capable of rolling with change
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.