Coordinator, Ratings Publicity - Research
Full Time Job
Coordinator, Ratings Publicity (ABC) - Research
ABC seeks a Coordinator, Ratings Publicity with a strong interest in television ratings research within the broadcast television landscape to assist in the timely completion and publication of ratings press releases for the ABC network. This role will help in increasing the visibility of ABC among the Press. The position will report to the Director, Ratings Publicity. A successful candidate in this role must have the ability to self-motivate and work in a fast-paced environment with a very strong attention to detail.
• Use data gathered from NNTV and other Nielsen ratings software (NPower) to assist in the creation of ratings press releases
• Perform timely and frequent searches online for key Press stories pertaining to ratings and forward to key executives
• Answer follow-up questions from both the Press and internally once ratings releases have been disseminated
• Maintain daily, weekly and season tracks of ratings for all ABC primetime programming
• Monitor video views counts on the Jimmy Kimmel Live YouTube page for potential digital ratings releases
• Perform ad hoc ratings requests for the Press and provide support within ABC Publicity as needed
• 1 years of Research experience
• Working knowledge of NNTV and NPower
• Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
• High level of interest in broadcast TV landscape preferred
• Familiarity with multi-platform, social media and digital ratings a plus
• Must be able to work occasional weekends
• Excel macro familiarity a plus
• Nielsen ratings software experience
• Bachelor's degree required or relevant work experience
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.