Coordinator, Marketing & Special Events
This was removed by the employer on 7/23/2021 3:50:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Coordinator, Marketing & Special Events jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Coordinator, Marketing & Special Events postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Coordinator, Marketing & Special Events?
Full Time Job
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Walt Disney Studios Motion Picture Marketing is a dynamic, results-driven marketing team responsible for positioning films and streaming content released by Disney (live action), Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, and 20th Century Studios.? - This organization oversees the Studios' global marketing strategy encompassing creative, media, digital, international, promotions, publicity, research, special events, and synergy, and handles some the most valuable film brands and franchises of all time. Thanks in large part to the efforts of the marketing team, the Walt Disney Studios has set numerous records at the box office, including being the first and only studio to surpass $3 billion domestically and $7 billion globally in a calendar year, milestones it has achieved twice.
The Coordinator, Marketing & Special Events role will work directly with the VP, Special Events & Operations and the Director of Special Events & Operations. They will execute promotional screenings, marketing stunts, world premieres, conventions and events for upcoming releases on Disney Live Action, Marvel, Disney Animation, Pixar, Lucasfilm and Disney .
• Organizes the logistics, milestone charts and development plan documents for any key marketing stunts and promotional screenings.
• Track and organize the high volume of all incoming and outgoing material in an urgent and effective way
• Partner with vendors and internal teams to coordinate delivery of materials
• Serve as traffic coordinator for all inbound requests coming from Marketing and other LOB/segments within the company
• Actively manage calendar and provide meeting prep for both Executive and Directors
• Manage all information related to campaign for films; including strategy decks, scripts, promotional partnership material, etc.
• When required, oversee transfers of sensitive and confidential material, enforcing security protocols when necessary
• Primary contact for all incoming phone calls and communications
• Organize and keep event documents up to date including calendars, checklists, run-of-show and executive memos
• Work directly with VP, Special Events & Operations and other members of event operations team to provide support
• Help manage expense reports, vendor invoices, track payments and accounting for events
• Assist with talent invites, ticketing, seating and onsite event logistics when assigned
• Maintain and manage accounting on event wristbands, signage, volunteer t-shirts, and other event supplies
• Stay well informed on event industry trends, new venues, and industry practices
• Assist with special projects, event, venue and vendor research, and compiling event information
• Administrative duties include answering phones, schedule coordination, and travel/hotel coordination for VP, Special Events & Operations, Events team and the Director of partnerships.
• 1-2 Years' Experience in Marketing - Film, Entertainment, Theme Park, Sales, Event Operations
• Preferable Disney Cross Line of business experience
• Respond to tasks given with urgency, in both day-to-day and high pressure situations
• Represent team in a cordial, professional manner when working with other offices, executives, and filmmakers, as well as business unit contacts and external partners
• Detail oriented and organized in thinking and execution to maintain efficient office, files, database, and information.
• Have excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills
• Effectively problem solve using resources available, exercising good judgement and discretion
• Proven competency in general administrative skills including answering the phone, filing, etc. Excellent typing and spelling skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook for meeting requests and calendaring. Technologically savvy.
• Team player - willing to work with other employees at all levels in support of the marketing team in Burbank and worldwide.
• Friendly, easy-going manner to handle varied personalities, responsibilities and assignments.
• Overall working knowledge with the SAP system desired.
• Ability to work overtime when special projects dictate.
• Positive can-do attitude
• Four-year College Degree in Marketing, Communication, Business or Related Field
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.