Full Time Job
We are looking for a highly motivated, team-oriented, hard-working individual to join ABC's Broadcast Standards and Practices Department
• Work with content creators on all stages of alternative series projects including concept review, risk management assessments, contestant vetting, production issues, review and application of contest rules, and screening of program cuts.
• Review and issue detailed notes on scripts and cuts for dramas, comedies, and promotional materials and interact with production executives, and creative, sales, legal, corporate responsibility and public relations departments.
• Assignments will include programming intended for initial broadcast on ABC and other methods of distribution.
• Successfully operate a broadcast delay mechanism for live programming.
• Work on location/set, including occasional travel, as needed.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in Standards and Practices or similar role with demonstrated attention to detail and interaction with multiple stakeholders. Job title may be dependent on level of experience.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be a self-starter with critical thinking skills and able to work a flexible schedule in accordance with production needs.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
• Experience and familiarity with television production is highly preferred.
• Passion for television and the process associated with putting television on air.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• Master's degree and/or law degree is helpful but not required.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.