ABCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Associate Producer, NewsOne (Overnight)
This position produces content for stations and clients on the overnight shift Monday through Friday. This position produces and edits correspondent packages and other news material (vo/sot's) on breaking news as well as business, entertainment, and futures topics. This position supports the overnight Manager with creating and updating story lineups, gathering editorial information, communicating with stations and clients, and providing customer service for stations and clients.
• Produces and edits correspondent news packages and other news material (vo/sot's, social media clips, etc.)
• Edit daily package reports on business, entertainment, futures topics
• Researches and gathers editorial and video information and provides to correspondent or news writer.
• Primary support for NewsOne Overnight Manager on the Editorial Desk, creating and updating story lineups, generating slugs, story descriptions and inputting latest editorial information. Assist manager in overall news coverage, including making sure completed news packages reach station servers in time for their newscasts, notifying ABC affiliates, clients and internal platforms of latest ABC News editorial and NewsOne coverage plans, reading and approving vo/sot scripts, if necessary, and other duties as assigned.
• Produce generic live shots in NewsOne's control room in tandem with Overnight Manager.
• Occasionally shoot and field produce for specific assignments, sometimes under adverse conditions and for long hours.
• Work collaboratively with correspondents and news writers, keeping them updated on the latest editorial information and video material available.
• Provide excellent content and customer service to ABC's affiliates, clients and internal platforms
• Check work of Production Associate for quality control under direction and supervision of Manager.
• Routinely offer original story pitches, particularly during Sweeps periods.
• At least 2 years producing Network News Pieces.
• Must be comfortable working in a ''Live'' control room environment.
• Must be able to work independently and think critically in a high-stress environment, while under deadline pressure.
• Must be proficient with non-linear editing especially Avid Newscutter.
• Must be able complete a network-quality package within 45 minutes to 1 hour and is responsible for updating the package for later time zones, when news warrants.
• Must have a basic understanding of rights and clearances – using only properly licensed or cleared material, or approved ''fair uses'' of 3rd party content, which are determined by ABC News Legal.
• Knowledge of newsroom content management systems such as I-News.
• Previous Assignment Desk Experience is a plus.
• Previous affiliate newsroom experience is a plus.
• Knowledge operating TVU and file transfer protocols for live and breaking news coverage is a plus.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.