Associate Producer, ABC Newsone
ABCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Associate Producer, ABC NewsOne (Project Hire)
ABC NewsOne is looking for an Associate Producer. This is a Project position and employment will continue on this Project (at the company's sole discretion), and in no event shall extend past the completion of the Project.
• Produces and edits correspondent news packages and other news material (vo/sot's, social media clips, etc.)
• Researches and gathers editorial and video information and provides to correspondent or news writer/producer.
• Primary support for NewsOne Manager on the Editorial Desk, creating and updating story lineup, generating slugs, story descriptions and inputting latest editorial information. Assist manager in overall news coverage, including making sure completed news pkgs reach stations servers in time for their newscasts, notifying ABC affiliates, clients and internal platforms of latest ABC News editorial and NewsOne coverage plans, reading and approving vo/sot scripts, if necessary, and other duties as assigned.
• Produces generic live shots in NewsOne's control room.
• Shoots and field produces for specific assignments, sometimes under adverse conditions and for long hours.
• Works collaboratively with correspondents and news writers, keeping them updated on the latest editorial information and video material available.
• Provides excellent content and customer service to ABC's affiliates, clients and internal platforms
• Routinely offers original story pitches, particularly during Sweeps periods.
NOTE: THIS POSITION MAY BE ON OVERNIGHT HOURS
• At least 2 years producing Network News Pieces.
• Previous Assignment Desk Experience is a plus.
• Previous affiliate newsroom experience is a plus.
• Must be comfortable working in a ''Live'' control room environment.
• Must be able to work independently and think critically in a high-stress environment, while under deadline pressure.
• Must be proficient with non-linear editing especially Avid Newscutter.
• Knowledge operating TVU and file transfer protocols for live and breaking news coverage.
• Must be able complete a network-quality package within 45 minutes to 1 hour and is responsible for updating the package for later time zones, when news warrants.
• Must have a basic understanding of rights and clearances – using only properly licensed or cleared material, or approved ''fair uses'' of 3rd party content, which are determined by ABC News Legal.
• Knowledge of newsroom wire systems such as I-News.
• Other duties as requested.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.