Assistant News Director, Wabc
ABCNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/18/2021 2:50:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Assistant News Director, Wabc jobs in New York-NY
Search all Assistant News Director, Wabc postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Assistant News Director, Wabc? Job Summary:
WABC-TV Eyewitness News in New York City is seeking an aggressive, enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated Assistant News Director who will supervise the daily operation of the newsroom and guide coverage across all platforms. Our Assistant News Director will execute the overall vision of delivering meaningful breaking news and impactful community-based stories in New York and will directly supervise executive producers and other news managers on day to day coverage.
A successful candidate must have strong leadership skills, news judgment and thrives on creating content that stands out. You must also be familiar with the New York City news market and be able to guide, coach and mentor our staff.
This position will report directly to the Vice President/News Director.
• Manage the daily operation of the newsroom and guide coverage across all platforms
• Collaborates closely with our internal and external partners on all content, marketing and promotional strategies while implementing innovative tactics to be competitive in the NY market and grow audiences
• Leads news managers on all daily linear programming and digital and social news content; makes operational decisions on content and logistics
• Responsible for all daily news coverage, including breaking news
• Supervises executive producers and other newsroom managers on both linear and non-linear news content and Conflict resolution on any issues that arise in the newsroom
• Responsible for recruiting and hiring operational newsroom personnel in collaboration with VP/News Director
• The ideal candidate must have top market experience in a local news station, a proven record of ratings and digital success, strong leadership/mentoring skills and excellent news judgment
• Minimum of 5 years of local news management experience and major understanding of news content in the digital/social world
• Must be a strong leader with the ability to make decisions on daily content and logistics in a fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to excel in a demanding and ever-changing newsroom
• Detail-oriented with strong editorial and production skills with an understanding of the importance of marketing as it relates to delay converge
• A keen understanding of which types of content and storytelling styles work best for various platforms
• Demonstrated ability work under deadline pressures and work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be flexible with working hours and adaptable to change
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication or related field
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.