Assistant Director -Technology
This was removed by the employer on 2/5/2020 10:58:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Assistant Director -Technology jobs in Philadelphia-PA
Search all Assistant Director -Technology postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Assistant Director -Technology? Job Summary:
WPVI-TV Assistant Director - Technology
The WPVI-TV Assistant Director – Technology will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of the Technology department, alongside the Assistant Director – IT, and under the direction of the Executive Director – Technology. This includes the management of all technology staff, planning and execution of all local/division initiatives and projects, and overseeing all daily operations necessary to keep the station functioning optimally. The ideal candidate's background will include a considerable amount of IT experience in addition to traditional Broadcast Engineering experience. This person will also function as the go-to person for all IT management needs in the absence of the Assistant Director – IT. In an ever-changing industry, this person is expected to be a creative innovator of technology and will be expected to help drive the department and station toward the future of broadcast/IT operations. WPVI, a Walt Disney Television station, is the market leader in local news and is leading the way in the digital, non-linear/OTT spaces by consistently innovating and creating new ways to reach its audiences.
• Clearly and consistently communicate ideas, concepts, and plans to all Technology staff
• Through effective communication, obtain unity and a consensus from staff for department goals
• Develop the staff to maximize each individual's potential while broadening their skillsets
• Be proactive, constantly assessing how to improve operations of the department, all technical systems, and workflows used by news/production/creative staff
• Interface with other department heads and station staff, as necessary, to effectively represent the Technology department, its goals and initiatives
• Lead and assist in the planning, installation, configuration, and daily maintenance and troubleshooting of all Broadcast and IT systems
• Interface with third party vendors/support technicians and oversee their work, as necessary
• Lead, execute, and complete projects as directed
The ideal candidate must:
• Have previously demonstrated the ability to lead and manage a technical staff (IT/Engineering).
• Have excellent interpersonal and communications skills, communicate thoroughly/effectively.
• Have strong organizational and time management skills.
• Possess strong IT/networking, engineering and problem-solving skills.
• Be able to show a track record of previously executed projects from concept to completion.
• Have demonstrated the ability to pivot and lead with changing priorities and tight deadlines.
• Be willing to expand their knowledge with trending broadcast industry concepts/technologies.
• 5 years management experience of a technology-centric department
• Management experience in a television/broadcast/media facility with streaming/OTT
A degree in a technical related field, appropriate certifications, and/or equivalent experience.
WPVI-TV is a 24/7 operation and the candidate will be required to work non-traditional shifts, weekends/holidays, and be willing to be on call and/or work extra hours as needed. Candidate should be able to lift and carry equipment as necessary.
This position is located at WPVI-TV in Philadelphia, PA. EEO/F/M/V/D/SO/GI
About Walt Disney Television:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.