ABCLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Art Director (Key Art Off Air Graphics)
ABC is looking for an Art Director to join our creative team. We are looking for a person who has experience in multiplatform creative, with a strong background in graphic design. This person will be responsible for developing creative campaigns, from ideation through production, across all platforms. Areas of concentration range from Off Air Graphics, Key Art, Digital Marketing Creative, Events, and anything else that falls under the Brand Marketing purview. This person will function as both image maker and art director, collaborating with designers, in and out of house, in the day-to-day production of creative design solutions that serve the company's strategic needs while maintaining brand consistency. An ability to align with cross-discipline teams including promo, motion graphics, social and marketing, while delivering assets in a fast-paced work environment is essential.
• Reports to the Executive Design Director and VP of Branding and design, will be responsible assisting in the development of creative campaigns and creating identity and branding for all internal and partner initiatives.
• Work with Senior Manager and Manager of Branding and Design to assist in the art direction of internal design team as well as helping to communicate ideas/direction to external vendors.
• Ability to assist in the concept, production and design for all design media including: social tactics, print and digital ads, photo shoots, marketing collateral, campaign and website graphics, and more.
• Stretch creatively with each new project, while keeping company objectives and strategic goals in mind.
• Participate in brainstorm and planning meetings.
• Ensure all final work meets creative standards by ensuring they are high-quality design and adhere to the network style guide.
• Leverage in house talent as well as identify and manage outside creatives.
• Collaborate in any necessary photo shoots and provide direction to photographers in order to achieve desired style and coverage of photography.
• Provide clear vision on how to execute content across all platforms assigned to the Brand.
• Translate partners needs into unique and compelling creative.
• Foster teamwork and a collaborative work environment. Inspire team morale and contribute to the overall creative culture.
• Stay in-tune with Cultural, Industry, Technological and Design trends, as well as, emerging talent.
• Minimum 5 years of Design/Print experience with a keen understanding of digital and print best practices.
• Must have strong communication and presentation skills and be comfortable managing up to network senior executives.
• Advanced knowledge in MacOS and Adobe design software, specifically: InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. Adobe Acrobat, Word and Excell are also needed. Skill in Keynote and After Effects a plus
• Must have on set experience (working with photographers, set designers and/or talent)
• Must have organizational skills with a high attention to detail and ability to move at a fast pace while not sacrificing creative.
• Is a self-starter and motivated forward thinker.
• Be effective in a deadline-driven workflow with varying priorities and stakeholders.
• Ability to work independently, as well in a team situation. Working under pressure and juggling multiple stages of development are required.
• Conceptual, big picture thinker with demonstrated experience and trained eye for Design, Photography, Typography and Art Direction.
• Portfolio required to apply for this position
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.