Wtvd Assignment Editor
ABC Owned TV StationsDurham, NC
This was removed by the employer on 12/21/2023 10:39:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Wtvd Assignment Editor jobs in Durham-NC
Search all Wtvd Assignment Editor postings
Part Time Job
ABC11/WTVD, the ABC Owned Television station in Raleigh-Durham-Fayetteville, NC has an immediate opening for a Part Time Assignment Editor to join our multiplatform content team. This individual is a critical member of our newsroom and will be responsible for coordinating assignments for news coverage and stories as well as contribute story ideas and content for both digital, streaming, and broadcast. The candidate will have a high degree of ethics, empathy, professionalism, function well under pressure, and have strong multi-platform and multi-tasking skills.
ABC11 is committed to recruiting and retaining employees who reflect the communities we serve, at all levels of the company. We expect our employees to have a high degree of ethics and a strong ability to work as a team while displaying empathy and inclusion. We also strive to create content that authentically engages and connects with our diverse audience.
What You Will Do
• Work closely with news managers and producers on coordination of daily editorial content, including story coverage and development for broadcast and digital.
• Play a key role in the execution of the daily editorial plan, including coordination of story assignments and communicating information to reporters and photographers.
• Display a high level of ethics, empathy, and professionalism and act as primary contact for in-field newsroom staff for assignments and story coverage.
• Actively identify and generate original high-impact stories that reflect the diversity of our audience and develop follow-ups through means such as court documents, police scanners, social media, viewer emails, and other sources.
• Assists reporters and producers, as needed, in gathering information and developing/following up on stories
• Contribute content to all platforms including creating, writing, and publishing stories for both broadcast and digital platforms and producing digital live streams.
• Minimum of three years' experience in content newsgathering role
• Working knowledge of digital workflow in producing and posting content
• Strong team player who interacts in a positive, ethical, empathetic, and productive way with other employees and the general public
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must have a strong work ethic with the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
• Excellent multiplatform and multi-tasking skills and able to quickly adapt and make decisions quickly
• Strong logistical skills with the ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
• Flexible and available to work various shifts as needed, including weekends and holidays
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience