a52 ColorSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for someone to be responsible for and champion all aspects of color management. Although the primary responsibility will be to support the operations of our digital intermediate department, you will also be responsible for setting standards, operating procedures, and integrating applications and systems across all our departments. You will be working closely with our lead artists, software developers, systems team and producers to design color workflows for new projects, and ensure that color is handled optimally from ingest to delivery.
for this position include:
- A strong background in the theoretical and practical aspects of color science as applied to all aspects of media production
- Design and execution of calibration workflows: monitors, projectors, viewing environments
- Up to date knowledge of acquisition and display technologies
- Practical experience with industry specific color management frameworks (OCIO, ACES)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to establish facility wide or project specific workflows and serve as in-house consultant on all topics related to color
- Design and implementation of digital intermediate pipelines
- Demonstrated interest in CG and compositing pipelines Desired skills include:
- Engineering experience with finishing and grading applications (Flame, Baselight…)
- Interest in DevOps approaches, bridging the gap between software and systems
- Up to date knowledge of industry standard codecs and container formats
- Understanding of delivery specifications from major studios and networks
- Python programing skills, specifically in the context of pipeline integration inside standard DCC applications (Maya, Nuke…) are a plus
a52 Color is part of the The Rock Paper Scissors Group which has been building brands for over 20 years. Comprised of Rock Paper Scissors Editorial, a52 Visual Effects, a52 Color and Elastic Design, Animation, and Production, the suite of companies creates a full-service studio environment that produces work that includes commercial campaigns, branded content, immersive entertainment, television and feature film development. With the collection of artists at the studios, the group has created campaigns that range from editorial storytelling to stop motion animation pieces, photo real visual effects work and ground-breaking interactive experiences.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online