VP, Consumer Marketing & Media
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
VP, Consumer Marketing & Media, The History Channel
THE ROLE: VP, Consumer Marketing & Media, The History Channel
A+E Networks has an amazing opportunity for a creative, media savvy & result driven marketer to lead the History Consumer Marketing & Media team. The role is based in either New York or Los Angeles
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
VP, Consumer Marketing & Media, The History Channel:
• Recommend & guide strategic approach to recruit audience to The History Channel series. around audience, messaging, platforms & spends for all marketing campaigns on The History Channel.
• Partner with creative lead to establish a consistent brand voice across both the network & platforms
• Oversee briefing process, working with programmers and schedulers to outline audience, creative teams to nail down messaging approach, and research & media agency to best understand platform
• Formulate & implement cross platform media strategy working with marketing analytics & media agency to find strongest approach.
• Brainstorm big ideas to help sell shows & brand to relevant audience cross multiple platforms
• Establish a strong process by which to manage multi-platform, multi media campaign delivery and execution with creative & production team, ensuring smooth process from idea to marketplace
• Connect & collaborate and act as liaison with multiple other divisions to ensure a uniform communications message, taking advantage of all different executions within the marketplace
• Manage a team of 3; ensuring everyone is working together, growing & contributing to making The History Channel successful
• Manage multi line budget across several marketing
• Understand the rapidly changing and nuanced world of media to better recruit audience to all History Channel platforms
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
A whole lot –the cornerstone of The History Channel brand is curiosity; in its programming, in its approach to audience and in its people. We are a company of doers and you'll get to exercise a whole bunch of skill sets.
How to put your right brain and your left brain to work. How to champion a big idea from concept to execution. How to think about the nuanced, cross platform entertainment world in a different way. How to collaborate across many teams to make the best possible campaign. How to analyze campaign results, refine approach & try it all again.
• BA/BS Degree
• 10+ years of applicable experience in marketing – entertainment experience a plus.
• Media/Ad agency experience a plus
• Great collaborator & excellent at getting shit done – able to work with anyone & find path forward
• Strong communicator; ability to get across complex ideas simply. An expert at Power Point & Excel
• Creative thinker – not just on literal creative ideas, but around strategy,
• Data savvy – a comfort with numbers and gleaning workable insights from the data.
• A strong manager with success in developing team members
• Great at juggling priorities; ability to move quickly & change directions as needed
• Natural passion for history & entertainment business
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
THE DIVISON'S STORY
Here in Corporate Communications, we believe in the importance of personal touch, and we value every consumer and their experience with us equally. We are the wordsmiths, problem solvers and occasional fire wardens of our industry, charged with finding the right platform for the right story. Through our tenacity, charm and ability to work collaboratively, we play a defining role in influencing how our viewers, product consumers and employees perceive and interact with the A E Networks brand.