Vice President, Talent Acquisition and Culture
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: VP, Talent Acquisition and Culture
Leads all aspects of the recruitment function for the enterprise. Works in tandem with senior management to understand the company's current and forecasted business priorities and objectives to develop processes and strategies that result in attracting and retaining a highly qualified and diverse candidate pipeline.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
o Manage a team of high impact recruitment professionals and serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the areas of recruitment, candidate assessment, onboarding, and cultural engagement.
o Develop and administer staffing and retention plans, programs and processes to ensure the company recruits and retains top talent.
o Create, implement and manage talent acquisition processes to ensure candidates have a positive experience regardless of outcome.
o Oversee budgets for recruitment, screening, placement, and onboarding.
• Sourcing strategies
o Utilize social media & other brand marketing tools to attract diverse talent and establish A+E Networks as a best place to work company.
o Establish and maintain relationships with external recruitment agencies, schools, colleges to raise awareness of A+E in the marketplace
o Serve as the primary point of contact for external search firms.
o Manage the relationship with external third-party payroll service to ensure compliance with budget guidelines.
• Thought Leadership
o Partner with Talent Management on the training of hiring managers in the areas of talent assessment, recruitment tools, and unconscious bias.
o Communicate with external resources (e.g. peer & industry organizations) to proactively understand best practices in recruitment, diversity & inclusion, onboarding & retention.
o Partner with HR Operations to optimize use of recruiting applications.
o Partner with HR Operations to leverage data, dashboards, & data visualization tools to evaluate hiring processes and ensure all diversity targets are met.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
• On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to build transformational cultural, leadership, and innovative organizational solutions. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A+E departments and stakeholders to learn goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted advisor and partner.
• 10+ years talent acquisition experience, preferably within a media environment
• Strong experience in executive level recruiting
• Experience developing diversity & inclusion strategies around talent acquisition and retention
• A consultative approach to working with internal clients
• A data-driven approach to decision making that leads to increased operational effectiveness & efficiencies
• Strong attention to detail
• Proven track record in effective implementation of efficient processes and procedures.
• An entrepreneurial spirit
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to multitask, effectively drive change and inspire a culture of shared recruiting accountability
• Knowledge of and hands-on experience with Workday Recruiting
• Knowledge of and work experience with recruiting assessment tools (e.g. Athena, Berke, Adaface)
• BA/BS Degree; Master's Degree a plus
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
THE DIVISION'S STORY Our People Team is aptly named. We're all about ''people'' and all about ''team'' - and all in the service of outcomes. Whether we're helping to structure an organization, fill a key role, forecast new capabilities, align teams or grow leaders at all levels, we are all about results. We do the right thing even when it's hard, help others have tough conversations, and we're thrilled to support the growth of this amazing company. As People Partners to the business, we are trusted advisors who collaborate closely with our People Specialists to deliver smart solutions to tough organizational, process and people challenges. As a creative company, we're all about talent. We're the ones who find them, grow them and keep them!